Menu
Problems with using TCG flight booking - International
Aug 13, 2007 09:18
I tried to use the site today to book flights from Guilin to Hongkong for next month... everything looked good until I tried to enter my details as part of the confirmation process, but I kept getting my input not accepted because of failure to confirm email address... but there was no means on the form to confirm it!
:-(
Is the problem with me or with the site? Please help.
Aug 13, 2007 16:10
  • GRIZ326

It is a coding bug (or perhaps a procedural problem preventing implementation of the proper code). I reported the issue in June, Mike.

Booking hotels and flights via the TCG costs more money and involves many steps that consume time and threaten your schedule.

*** However, I used TCG services for all of my flights and several of my hotel stays during my trip last month and would use them again. TCG never let me down.

Aug 13, 2007 16:51
Thanks Griz, if I read you right you are recommending the TCG Service Number... I'll give it a try.
I've certainly found the hotel links good in the past, but this was the first time I thought I'd go for a flight reservation. Live and learn!
Aug 13, 2007 19:52
  • SIVA
  • Community Moderator
Hi Griz and Travellermike,

Thanks for your pointing out of this problem. We'll solve it as soon as possible!

Enjoy your stay here and hope you can continue your support for TCG! Thanks again!

Community Moderators
Aug 13, 2007 22:20
  • GRIZ326
Mike, TCG never let me down, but the process is time consuming. If you need a ticket very quickly, the process could be too time consuming. But like I said TCG never let me down.

I feel certain the process has to do with a Chinese business charging your credit card when credit card companies are wary of credit card fraud.

I look forward to the day when the process allows you to pre-authorize a certain number of flights to designated locations - or better yet - becomes entirely transparent. I suspect there is much that must happen behind the scenes before that can happen.
Aug 27, 2007 07:15
Thanks all, and well done TCG.... the booking system is working fine now
Post a Reply to: Problems with using TCG flight booking - International
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code