Menu
Chinese Valentine's Day is this weekend!
Aug 16, 2007 16:44
  • GRIZ326
The 7th day of 7th lunar month is Chinese Valentine's Day which is August 19th, this Sunday.

I have heard there is a nice story about love. Can some one tell us that story, please?

:-)

Aug 16, 2007 20:10
  • LEONARDO
The festival is also called Qixi Festival. There is a tragic love story involving a cowherd (Niu Lang 牛郎)and a seamstress (Zhi Nv 织女).

Niulang and Zhinv fell in love and was punished by the Supreme God of the Heaven. Later, when the lovers ascended into heaven, they were forced to be separated by the galaxy.They were allowed to be met only once a year on the seventh day of the seventh month in Chinese Lunar calendar. On that day, thousands of magpies gathered together to form a bridge so that they can cross the galaxy.

The tragic love story has been passed down from one generation to another.
Aug 16, 2007 20:37
  • MAY001
yes, the legend of this day is about the love story between Niu Lang and Zhi Nv.
Aug 16, 2007 21:22
  • ELEMENT
And it often rains on that day. People believe the rain is the tears of the NiuLang and ZhiNv, because they are so happy to see each other after a year long departure that burst into tears when they meet.
Aug 16, 2007 21:54
  • GRIZ326
Tell is more... It is a good story.
Aug 17, 2007 05:35
  • YEMMIE
I have a question. I would like to send a good e-card to my girl for Chinese Valentines Day. I have noticed that the e-cards she sends me are always much better (more elaborate animation with more changes, better music etc.) than the ones I have been able to send her from here in the U.S. I tried going to some of the sites that she uses, but they are all in Chinese so I can't navigate them properly because I don't understand the choices. Are there any good Chinese e-card sites that are also posted in English? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Post a Reply to: Chinese Valentine's Day is this weekend!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code