Menu
study visa for mainland china, valid in Hong Kong?
Aug 17, 2007 08:27
My son travels to Hong Kong next week to study at Chongqing university for the next year. He has a study visa, will he have any problems arriving in Hong Kong and travelling by train to Chongqing? Will he need a tourist visa or will his study visa be enough?
Aug 17, 2007 08:50
  • APAULT
His study visa will allow him to enter any way into China. So there will be no problem going from HK (he will have to fill out entry papers for HK but that is no problem) and then taking the train to Chongqing.

Presumably he has a ticket booked to get to Cq??

(I visited CQ for 2 days, just left......I hope yr son has plenty of experience in Pennine walking, he will need the muscles in Chongqing, I don't think there are more than 5 metres of flat land anywhere!!).
Aug 18, 2007 01:28
  • JABAROOTOO
Shapingba, where his University is located is a little flatter than most areas. It's a long haul on the train. If he hasn't bought his tickets yet, check for cheap flights.

I have return flights Chongqing to Guangzhou this month for just Y620 each way which is really cheap and saves a lot of time.

Welcome to Chongqing. If he needs any help to settle in he can contact me. I'll be back at the end of the month.

Paul, I missed you. Fancy sneaking up there while I was out of town. Where I live on the northside is quite flat and lot's of people have bikes for recreation and even some quite serious cyclists about too these days, but I'll steer clear of the hills myself. It's the traffic that puts you off riding more than anything else.
Aug 20, 2007 16:55
Thanks to you both, I feel much more comfortable knowing that info. Jabarootoo, it's lovely to have contact with someone in Chongqing - it doesn't feel quite so far away...
Aug 21, 2007 07:19
  • APAULT
Sorry Jabaroo, but I remember you said you would be in the homeland over this holiday. My plans didnt exist and I decided to visit Chengdu. I was going to stay in Cq a bit longer, but on this occasion I didnt check my train ticket carefully enough and had to move on sooner than intended! Any plans to come to Guangdong?
Post a Reply to: study visa for mainland china, valid in Hong Kong?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code