Menu
I am very confused about China
Aug 20, 2007 05:14
  • DAMAN505
Hello Friends,
I have planned to visit China at the end of this year for 3 months.
I'll go there with my family .I need to clarify few points before starting my journey .I never been to that place . So I am very worried about my journey .
1)Can any one suggest me whether that place is suitable for visitors at the time of winter or not ?
2)Is that place safe for family outing?
3)I have come across a website named Asiarooms.com . Is that sufficient ? or I need to use any other guide ?
4)Wheather that time span is enough to explore China to its fullest extent? 
5)How do I arrange my full trip from begening?

Please suggest me what to do in this situation .
Your sincere comment in this regard will be helpful.
Aug 20, 2007 10:30
  • GRIZ326
#1 - Is winter suitable? It depends on where you will be at the time.

#2 - China is a safe country. There are thieves and scammers as there are in every country but violent crime is rare compared to the United States.

#3 - I have never been to that website. I enjoy the participants here and they provide excellent information.

#4 - You could live in China and never explore it to its fullest extent. In 3 months you will either be ready to leave or find it terribly difficult to go.

#5 - I would suggest that you not try to plan the entire 3 months. Plan your first few days and your last few days in detail. The rest of your journey can simply consist of a list of sights that you would like to see. The only organizational effort that can provide a big payoff is geographical organization of your desired sites.

You are lucky to be able to spend 3 months. Wandering off of the main roads in any part of China can be an adventure.
Aug 20, 2007 19:30
  • ENLAIDE2007
I think the online map of China at msn.com.cn will be helpful for you.
http://map.msn.com.cn/index/index.jsp
But all Chinese.
Welcome to China and wish you have a good journey.

Aug 21, 2007 02:41
  • GURTY
In winter, it is rather cold in north China. It will be pleasing to visit tourist cities in South China, Like Guilin, Kunming, Guangdong, Hong Kong.
Aug 21, 2007 03:47
  • SUSAN205060
Hi,Daman505,

Just don't worry since some friends here & below pls find our suggestions:
1)Can any one suggest me whether that place is suitable for visitors at the time of winter or not ?
North China will be very cold normally ,so it is up to whether you are suitable for cold winter.if no, you can consider South China which is warm compared with North places.

2)Is that place safe for family outing?
Yes, it is Safe normally.

3)I have come across a website named Asiarooms.com . Is that sufficient ? or I need to use any other guide ?
Internet is good channel to get information & you also can post the cities you want to visit & tell TCG member what suggestions you need for the coming visiting city(hotel / weather / transportation etc.)

4)Wheather that time span is enough to explore China to its fullest extent?
3 months is long time & it is up to how many places you plan to visit then we can talk whether it is enough or not.
5)How do I arrange my full trip from begening?
We suggest you to list out the cities you plan to visit, then we can suggest you how to organize is the best .

Take it easy & enjoy your visiting in China!!

Yours sincerely,
Susan Zheng(China Tour Guide)
MSN: hotmail.com|Susan205060

Aug 21, 2007 07:28
  • APAULT
You might consider discussing with the TCG travel service about arranging some tours. Also most travellers use the Lonely Planet guide as their bible... but make sure it is not visible as you enter the country as it is a banned book...as Taiwan is presented as a seperate country.
Aug 31, 2007 00:06
  • DYLAN0428
#1 - Is winter suitable? It depends on where you will be at and where are you from.
#2 - China is a safe country. There are thieves and scammers as there are in every country but violent crime is rare compared to the United States.Because we don't have the gun :)
#3 - You could not stay in China long time.Because we don't speak english and english lables are very few .
#5 - I would suggest that if you want realize and go many resort ,you'd better find a Chinese friends or hiring a english spoken Chinese guide.or you can join a famou travel agency like 中青旅(chinese youth tour),and buy one or more than 1 tour path service.
other wise ,you can only enjoy several days in big city.
Sep 6, 2007 04:04
  • DAMAN505
Hi Susan ,
First of all I like to tell you that your picture is very cute
I am very thanful to you that you have given such valuable information and It will definately help me to visit China.
Sep 6, 2007 04:09
  • DAMAN505
Hi my friends,
I am very thakful to all of you. your valuable suggestions will help me a lot. I am very greateful that I have got such good friends via this Travel China Guide .

Thanks a lotttt all of my friendz in this forum,
Post a Reply to: I am very confused about China
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code