Menu
<Photo Guessing> August 24th
Aug 24, 2007 10:05
  • CHRISTINE
  • Community Moderator
Hint: It is the remains of an ancient city in northwest China.

Aug 24, 2007 18:42
  • WINDENERGY
It looks to be in a flat, desert-like area. This leads me to the conclusion that you truly mean northwest China, i.e. Xinjiang province. My gues is that this photo was taken @ The ruins of the Subashi Temple, Subashi Ruins, are located 23 kilometers (about 14 miles) in the northwest of Kuqa County, Xinjiang Province.

URL>>www.travelchinaguide.com/attraction/xinjiang/korla/subashi.htm

__WINDENERGY__
Aug 24, 2007 18:50
  • WINDENERGY
Christine,

It appears as though the TCG.Com webpage on the Subashi Temple is very unclear as to it's true whereabouts. Since it is is listed as KORLA attraction, I would think that it's located near KORLA in Xinjiang Province. But the writer says: "The ruins of the Subashi Temple, Subashi Ruins, are located 23 kilometers (about 14 miles) in the northwest of Kuqa County, Xinjiang Province. 23 kilometers from what? I think the writer forgot to add 23 kilometers from KORLA.

In any case it's a long wat ffrom my home in China and I'm not especially fond of deserts. Too bad it's been so rainy and wet in Kunming this summer, but at least the trees and grass don't need watering. The grass football field next to my apartment looks lush green, just like spring.

__WINDENERGY__
Aug 26, 2007 20:00
  • FAERIEQUEENE
But it is perhaps the Gaochang Ancient City Ruins near Turpan, Xinjiang, judging from the sizeable and completeness of remains

=> http://www.travelchinaguide.com/attraction/xinjiang/turpan/gaochang.htm

I've not yet been to this part in South of Xinjiang
Aug 26, 2007 20:39
  • CHRISTINE
  • Community Moderator
Thanks WINDENERGY! I'll have a check!
Sep 1, 2007 15:18
  • ELLYSE
Has the answer been confirmed yet? In any case, it's most DEFINITELY Turpan's Gaochang ruins.
Sep 2, 2007 19:47
  • CHRISTINE
  • Community Moderator
Dear all,

The Photo Guessing of August 24th is finished. The first member who gave us the correct name of this tourist attraction and the URL of the article in our website is FAERIEQUEENE. It is the Gaochang Ancient City Ruins near Turpan.

Congratulations to her.

Yours,
Christine
Post a Reply to: <Photo Guessing> August 24th
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code