Menu
Suitcase too big??
Aug 26, 2007 14:47
  • DAVEC
I will have a couple of train trips and some bus/coach rides in Yunnan, around Dali, Lijiang and Kunming and was wondering about size of suitcase to take. My current one is approx 76x60 cm and wanted to know if its too big.
I have soft sleeper booked for the train so I dont think thats a problem but I have heard the buses are small and wont have room. My journey is 3 weeks so I do need to take large case ideally.
Any help would be appreciated.
Aug 26, 2007 16:40
  • ERENCIUS
You can take a big backpack ;), although I think a simple suitcase can be transported by any bus. I have been there and never had any trouble with my 80 liters backpack (about 1m high and 40 to 50cm large).
Aug 26, 2007 17:33
  • WINDENERGY
DAVEC,

You can take a big backpack or luggage case. Busses have storage racks below the seating/lying areas. However, they are sometimes not very clean and your luggage will be bounced around a lot along the ride. Like Erencius has told you, an 80 liters backpack is about as much as you can carry and those are "super-sizeed"

__WINDENERGY__
Aug 27, 2007 00:43
  • DAVEC
Sounds like I will be ok, thanks for the advise.

I need to take hard suitcase as it will contain some photographic gear, things like tripod etc. and backpack is not secure enough.
Thanks again guys.
Aug 28, 2007 06:24
  • APAULT
You should be fine on the main intercity aircon busaes but it can be more of a problem with the old local buses as you have to take it on board and they don't expect to lose fare paying passenger space... of course the locals all do, but it's not always comfortable.
Post a Reply to: Suitcase too big??
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code