Menu
Copyright issues?
Aug 27, 2007 01:57
  • DAVEC
I just wanted to ask how the site stands regarding image copyrights. A lot of people use scans/photos on their threads and clearly they are not their own images. Are they and yourselves breaching any copyright laws in doing so?

The reason I ask is as a photographer myself I would be really unhappy if someone used one of my images without permission.
Aug 27, 2007 04:15
  • FAERIEQUEENE
I always have this question in mind, too... Once an 'one-time' member contacted me in one sentence asking for permission to use my pictures in his newly created travel website, there was no link no information at all, I replied no but he never did log in again to retrieve my reply...
Aug 27, 2007 20:11
  • CHRISTINE
  • Community Moderator
Hi DAVEC and FAERIEQUEENE,

According to the agreement in our community, the members are required not to infringe up other people's copyright. However, it is really hard for us to know where they got the images and whether they are allowed to use the photos or images. Thus, the members should be responsible for what they have done.

Christine

Aug 30, 2007 00:36
  • DAVEC
Christine
Thanks for your reply, so what you are saying is it is the responsibilty of the individual who uploads the image?
In the UK I have to deal with copyright every day, if I print ( as in photograph) an image that breaches copyright both the person that copied it and myself could face a very large fine, usually up to £100,000, so we have to be very careful. I am fully aware of UK copyright laws but not sure if international are different. I just worry that if someone uses a copyright image that TCG could be help accountable for not stopping them.

Dave
Post a Reply to: Copyright issues?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code