Menu
Should men learn to cook?
Nov 7, 2007 02:34
  • DREAMLIFE
Definitely 'yes'. Everyday, I wander on the streets to decide where I should go to stuff my stomach after work. If I could cook myself, I needn't struggle in looking for a place to stuff my stomach. It is time for me to learn to cook.
Nov 13, 2007 22:20
  • MIRANDAZHAO
BBQQ, I am with you. Many girls hope that her future husband can cook for her and I am one of them.
Nov 14, 2007 02:00
I look forward to cooking for my wife, as I'm sure she will look forward to cooking for me too.
Alan
Nov 14, 2007 15:39
  • CARLOS
When I moved out from my mother´s and father´s, my mother gave me a cooking book.
I have cooked ever since. I think I would not be able to be a restaurant cook, but I am still alive, so maybe I can cook.
My all daughters can cook something, oldest is a cook in a small restaurant. (Not learnt from me, well, Sicilian pizza, maybe)
I think men should be able to cook, at least some. Nice to give wife some free time from cooking. Maybe more than some.

Nov 25, 2007 23:33
  • SHESGOTTOBE
In my family, all men can cook, wash dishes and do laundry. My father has always taught us to be sel-reliant no matter what. I am so proud of them.
Nov 27, 2007 03:35
  • JIMMYB
Quote: My father has always taught us to be sel-reliant no matter what.

SHESGOTTOBE, your dad is great. Learning cooking benefits men a lot. At least, they needn't eat instant noodles after work or just find a place to stuff their stomach as DREAMLIFE said. BTW, Have you noticed that almost cooks in those restaurants or hotels are male?
Nov 27, 2007 10:43
  • SHESGOTTOBE
Hi JimmyB!

Thank you!

Yes, most of the cooks and chefs in hotels and restaurants are males. Even the cooks and chefs in cruise ships are males. I think it is a good job. I remember when I was in a China chatroom and a guy sent me a message. He said he is a dishwasher in a restaurant and he was surprised that I kept on talking with him. He said most people would stop talking to him after learning that he is a dishwasher. He said actually, he is a cook! ^_^"
Nov 27, 2007 19:46
  • DREAMLIFE
Quote: BTW, Have you noticed that almost cooks in those restaurants or hotels are male?

Yes, it is true that most cooks in those hotels or restaurants are men. Why no girls? They care about their skin too much. To stay in the kitchen for a long time hurts their skins a lot and makes them older. That is why those girls do not like cooking. (Just kidding). Of course, there are exceptions. I wonder if you guys watch this movie----No Reservations performed by Catherine Zeta-Jones, Aaron Eckhart and Abigail Breslin. Women also can be excellent cooks :-)
Nov 29, 2007 13:40
  • CARLOS
To be a cook in popular restaurant is hard, hard work. Hard physical work. In some food-ads in tv there is a "Frenchman" with moustache enjoying and creating and...voilá! Delicious looking meal is born. It is far from reality.
I think not many women could survive because of the hardness of that work. Maybe that´s the reason most cooks are males.

Carlos
Nov 29, 2007 14:07
  • JCNILE123
Why not
Unless they acquire a servant as they said I DO.
Some have that as feminism, I have it as an equalized right of woman, man must do cooking and house keeping as the wife too.
Page 3 of 5    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Should men learn to cook?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code