Menu
Should men learn to cook?
Aug 27, 2007 16:32
  • CHRFONG
Should men learn to cook? I know I'm asking a loaded question. Answer how you see fit.

In my family it is neither the sole responsibility of the male or females. Both men and women in my family have to learn how to cook.

Please keep this friendly!
Aug 27, 2007 18:00
  • GRIZ326
I learned to cook about 15 years ago when I decided peanut butter & jelly sandwiches were not good for a grown man ;-)

Now just because I like my cooking...it doesn't mean anyone else will...but then I am the guy eating what I cook!

I am glad I know how to cook!
Aug 27, 2007 19:13
  • CHYNAGYRL
It's a good skill to have... I find that men who can cook are more grown-up and independent because often they've lived away from home. I like Chinese culture because guys know how to cook, and they can cook pretty well even though the wife probably does it most of the time. My dad and my brother are both pretty good cooks, and I am definitely partial to men who have talent in that department.
Aug 27, 2007 19:48
  • WINDENERGY
GRIZ326,

As a grown man, I have grown to truly appreciate and enjoy peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. When I lived in Weixin (northern Yunnan province) there was no peanut butter sold there. In addition, jelly was very difficult to find. Plus all the micowave popcorn was the sweet, Chinese variety of popcorn. Cooking isn't hard, but it takes a lot of utensils and you need to clean up after yourself. In China, with the low cost of local food, I don't need to cook. Besides, imagine the adventure in going to a restaurant, looking at a menu that is all written in Chinese and trying to figure out which characters mean pig intestines or cow's tongue.
I think the best cooking is done over a campfire in the wilderness. Surprising how creative you get when you've only got a single pot to cook with!

__WINDENERGY__
Aug 27, 2007 19:56
  • BBQQ
I don't like cooking very much, so I hope my future husband could cook for me. Many girls have the same hope, LOL
Aug 27, 2007 21:35
  • PETERJOHN
I like to cook, but only when it is something that I have never made before. I think it would drive me nuts to cook the same things over and over again.
Aug 27, 2007 22:41
  • ZOEY
Yes, men should learn to cook. However, at present more and more girls in China can not cook even they have got married. Just as BBQQ said, they might wait their husband cook for them.
Aug 27, 2007 23:33
  • FAERIEQUEENE
The amateurish cooks are often those who love gastronomy, and many, as far as I know... Frenchmen are capable of making dinners in candlelights
Aug 28, 2007 00:07
  • DAVEC
I think men should learn to cook. I am a good cook myself and I enjoy making meals.
Aug 28, 2007 03:44
I'm the same, I love cooking, although I'm self taught myself, my ex-wife did introduce me to Chinese and filipino styles of cooking which are my favourites.
Domestic science is taught in UK schools but when I was at school it was optional, I prefered woodwork & metalwork at the time.
Aug 28, 2007 13:21
  • CHRFONG
I'm the same as WESTNORWOODGASS. Well not exactly the same. I was taught how to cook when I was about 10 by my mom. From there I have pretty much self taught myself. One of my favorite things to do is to find all the leftovers in the fridge then figure out how to put them together to make a different EDIBLE meal. I usually hope it's edible in the end.

There are some recipes that I have learned from family members. Such as how to cook vegis and a couple Peruvian dishes. Most of the Chinese food that I know how to make was mostly from trial and error. Sometimes it doesn't turn out the way I want it to :-/
Page 1 of 5    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Should men learn to cook?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code