Menu
What is your understanding of Fashion?
Dec 27, 2010 04:34
  • HARIPOTTER12
take the jeans, and flip them inside out. take a piece of fabric of any type, and sew it in from the inside of the pants. that way, when you turn them right side out, you only see the fabric through the hole.
Jul 24, 2011 08:06
As a slight digression from the world of fashion, I would like to ask when does fashion become classic? Each country has a definition of classic clothes but where did that come from? Fashion is, I believe, transitory, and short-lived. It is however the mechanism which changes our view on clothes. Some styles transcend fashion, and become timeless classics. I think of the simple Grecian dresses, plain white, draped over the body and caught at the waist by a sash. or the wonderful embroidered cheongsam worn by eastern ladies to name but two. Could it be that fashion can be harsh and edgy to draw attention to itself? or more provocative (showing more skin) to get a reaction from "the audience"? It seems to me that fashion is used to make a statement to the world, and can be great fun whereas classics seem to enhance natural beauty of the wearer.
Could it be said that classic clothes are the aggregate acceptance of a society for that particular style, and fashion is a more relaxed, radical and fun view of clothes? Is it right to use the word 'fun' in the world of fashion? As an old man of 52, I still do not understand why people are willing to pay 250 USD for a pair of jeans because of the label sewn into them. This means, I am sure, that I am missing the point.
Page 4 of 4    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: What is your understanding of Fashion?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code