Menu
Electric mosquito zapper
Aug 28, 2007 04:15
  • SPIKYFRUIT
Hi all. I have a question about an electric mosquito zapper I just bought: how do I use it?

It's about the size and shape of a badminton racket, with a thick handle. The wire screen at the head is the zappy part. On the handle are two lights, one switch and one button. When I plug it in, one light turns red. If I slide the switch, nothing happens. But, if I slide the switch and push the button, the second light glows red. When I release the button, the second light stops glowing.

Any clues?
Aug 28, 2007 21:01
  • CHERYL
Hello, Spikyfruit. I also use an electric mosquito zapper at home, but it seems that mine is different from yours. Mine is made up of two parts, one is a bottle of liquid which gives out the faint perfume of jasmine, and at the top of the bottle is thin stick of four to five cm; the other part is a elliptical connector plug to connect the electricity,with a round hole in the middle.I just insert the stick of the bottle into the round hole, and then connect the electricity, everything will be ok. the only thing is that the bottle should be under the connector plug.

Maybe you can have a look at the instructions on the casing to get some clues, and mine is just for your referrences.
Aug 30, 2007 03:44
  • APAULT
Ya, it's an electronic badminton racquet... it was designed in the US in the hope that it mighht enable tehir players to beat the Asian players, but as it hasn't worked they converted it into a fishing net. Unfoirtunately that also failed but while fishing the hapless inventors were bitten by many insects and 'Eureka' it became a mosquito zapper.... but I wonder does it work any better than in its prior incarnations???
Sep 1, 2007 05:43
  • DODGER
Spikyfruit,
easy to use realy..just find the mozzy and then hit it with the Zapper..when the red light comes on it means that the mozzy is dead.
Dodger.
Sep 6, 2007 09:15
  • SPIKYFRUIT
hah. thanks apault. i don't suppose you've seen the simpsons movie? homer teaches us all a valuable lesson about fishing with electricity...
Sep 6, 2007 09:18
  • SPIKYFRUIT
well i know it works, because i touched the screen to check. yipe!

hitting skeeters is too much work.
maybe i look for the kind cheryl describes.

and maybe i'll learn not to touch electric things to check if they're on. ;)
Post a Reply to: Electric mosquito zapper
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code