Menu
Mobile phones
Aug 29, 2007 09:46
  • WOODCUTTER
Are mobile phones cheap in China, and what is the best pay-as-you-go network?
Many thanks.
Aug 30, 2007 00:17
  • DAVEC
Of course phones are cheap in China, everything is cheap there compared to the west.
As for network I am not sure but will let you know as I arrive in China in 2 days and my first purchase needs to be sim card. can you not use existing phones like I will or do you just want to buy new phone?
Aug 30, 2007 03:34
  • APAULT
You wilol pay 500+ rmb for the cheapest molbile phones.

The prepaid plans vary from province to province and in Hebei, you will have to produce your id...passport though even that may not be acepted and you will have to get a local to use theirs...also in Hebei China Mobile have a 3 month minimum on some schemes. There are various schemes which have no monthly fee but high priced calls...or monthly fees and lower calls, some provide so many free sms... u should get help.

Also note that calls from or to any phone outside the city and its attached area that you bought it in, u r long distance and the calls go up considerably.

Aug 30, 2007 08:03
  • ELLYSE
Handphones are quite affordable in China. I still like Nokia as the quality is more "standard" compared to the various Chinese brands. My current one cost about 500 RMB.
China Mobile has pretty good coverage.
Aug 30, 2007 22:52
  • DYLAN0428
www.taobao.com
www.ebay.com

on the web shop,you can buy cheaper handset,but if there is some broken after,it's very difficult to repair.
you can think that's no warranty,it's the reason of the low price.
you had better ask your friend to buy for you on taobao.com
Post a Reply to: Mobile phones
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code