Menu
Without a house, life will be unhappy?
Aug 29, 2007 22:27
  • KATRINA
Facing the skyrocketing house price, most people could do nothing except sighing. In current situation, people might have to struggle their whole life to have their own house. Except paying the down-payment, you have to pay the installment each month. If a person is struggling his whole life just for a house, how can he feel happy? Some people said so. For them, house is the most important. However, it is very sad to see a person spending his life just for a house.

This reminds me of a question: Without a house, life will surely be unhappy? What do you think?

Aug 29, 2007 22:41
  • JIMMYB
Living a spacious and luxurious appartment, is your life necessarily happy. Happiness depends on how people deal with their own inner desire,sexuality and self-actualization.
Aug 29, 2007 23:08
  • SASHA
I'm speechless when I see housing prices in mainland cities (it's something like +7% per month!?!?)...

Where all this is going to? Is anybody here to control it? Hello, government, anybody?

For my 2-rooms flat in Guangdong Olympic, before 3-4 years price it was around rmb300k, and now it's almost TRIPLED, it's around 800-900k!!!

If I need to buy house now, I would definitely NOT do so, maybe it's better to wait for some time (friends told me that GZ flats prices should go down after next year... IF ANYBODY HAVE ANY THOUGHTS ON THIS, PLEASE SHARE, THANKS).

My friend in GZ just bought 3-rooms apartment for rmb1.3m! I mean, what d...???
I want to mention SZ, it's even more crazy...

If it continues like this, then it's better to buy house in Hong Kong, why not? It's much safer, much cleaner, quality of life is higher, and after 2-3 years prices will be the same!

And why would Government control it anyway? Taxes are sweetest profit, quick and easy... and huge. They are happy, same like people in real-estate business, and banks too... (unlike poor people who need to give all money they earned in their entire life... for DEPOSIT, and then to pay life-long loan to bank...)
Aug 30, 2007 01:38
  • YVONNE
Sasha, the government actually has adopted many measures to control the house price. However, it seems that all did not worrk well. Just as the shares in mainland, the house price keeps skyrocketing.

Quote:
friends told me that GZ flats prices should go down after next year.

Is this real? Personally, I do not think it will go down in short time. The demand is higher than the supply. Everyone wants to buy a house. How can the price drop? Maybe te rent will go down next year after the Olympic Games.
Aug 30, 2007 03:10
  • GURTY
Maybe, we can earn money in big cities for ten-twenty years. Then we resign and build a villa at our hometown and enjoy the life. We may go outing, enjoy the fresh air and plant on a plot.
Aug 30, 2007 07:08
  • SASHA
Quote: "Sasha, the government actually has adopted many measures to control the house price."

They did? Many measures?
Wow, I guess how it would look like if they didn't ;-)

(I'm sorry for being sarcastic, but I couldn't help myself)

Quote:
friends told me that GZ flats prices should go down after next year.
Quote:
Is this real?

It's just guessing... Some friends told me like this. I personally think it's more "hoping" than guessing... Now many GZ folks are buying flats in surrounding places (Nanhai, Panyu...) because prices are much lower comparing rmb/m2 in the city. So, people I talked with, guessing that after few years demand will drop in the city... For me, I don't have any guessing, all this is too crazy anyway so I don't know what to think, I only know I wouldn't buy any these years, rent is better now.

It's good to buy a flat in some small city now, and make profit later when they go up as well :-))) $$$$$$
(one example: Liuyang, Hunan)
Aug 31, 2007 01:23
  • YVONNE
Sasha, the governement did adopt measures. However it seems that all the measures were discouraged to curb the soaring housing price. The interests of the housing loans have raised.The low-rent system was rolled by the State Council. Meanwhile, more and more affordable houses are to be built and the property speculators will be punished severely. It is said that the property tax may be imposed in the near future. The government has showed his determination to curb the housing problems. However, it is not enough. the result of these moves is not satisfying. No wonder people have complaints about the government.

Post a Reply to: Without a house, life will be unhappy?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code