Menu
Macau to Hanoi (and maybe Guangzhou)
Aug 31, 2007 03:12
  • TROBB
Hi

I'm visiting Macau in nearly november and have about a week to go to Hanoi in Vietnam. My plan is to take the train down the coast, have anyone done this? Is it any good and how are the cities on the way.

I know i have very limited time but i want at least a glance of china in this time. As I like markets I'd also like a good tip of some interesting markets in this area. Are the best ones in Guangzhou or can I find nice ones some where else. I think I want to spend about a day or so strolling a big market.

I really don't plan to buy anything in the market, i just like the action, the unfamiliar gods and the buzz. The only thing I could see myself buying is GoreTex clothing if I can find some at a good price. From what I've understood many brands manufacture their clothes in southern china. Is any of this sold in the markets and is it genuine of fake? Any idea of availability in large sizes and what you can expect to pay? Any tips on how to know if the goods in genuine? (wow that was off topic, but i'm still interested in an answer)

Back to topic: Any tips or thought on ow to make the most of a trip from Macau to Hanoi in about a week.

Thank you in advance

Aug 31, 2007 04:17
  • ELLYSE
Go to Guangzhou, do some shopping and sightseeing there. Then go to Yangshuo (http://www.yangers.com) for the remaining amount of time. After you're done there, go to Nanning and take a direct bus to Hanoi.
Sep 9, 2007 09:38
  • TROBB
Thank you so much for the tips. Guangzhou looks awsome!

Any other tipa are more than welcome.
Sep 9, 2007 11:10
  • BILLCAI
Hi Trobb,
You are most welcome to Guangzhou. There are many big-scale wholesale markets and commercial malls in Guangzhou, you can get almost what you want. "Eat in Guangzhou", there are many many yummy foods in this city, you can have a good taste here. They are still many places of interests worth you to visit. If you come to Guangzhou, welcome to contact me, I can be your guide. I am friendly and easy-going, and I can speak fluent English. My e-mail/msn is:hotmail.com|caijun_Bill.
I am looking forward to hearing from you soon.
Best Regards.
Bill
Mar 5, 2008 07:46
GUESTNATZ IM PLANNING TO WORK IN MACAU SOON AS A CAREGIVER IS IT SAFE TO WORK IN MACAU? I REALLY LOVE MACAU EVEN IN PICTURES ONLY. I DO HOPE THERE ARE MANY FRIENDLY PEOPLE LIKE US FILIPINOS. YOU CAN CONTACT ME AT MY EMAIL ADD yahoo.com|lilrodelin
Mar 6, 2008 09:46
  • ELLYSE
Yes, Macau is safe.
May 16, 2008 08:20
GUESTLORETC Hi I just want to know if there is a train or bus from HANOI going to MACAU? Or any connecting train route/s that will start from Hanoi and will lead to Macau. Thanks!
May 17, 2008 01:57
  • ELLYSE
No direct train/bus links. Train is impossible as there're no train stations in Macau nor Zhuhai.
There're buses going from Hanoi to Nanning (http://www.yunde.cn/title_list.asp?id=35) which depart daily and are thus more convenient than the twice-weekly train from Hanoi that would stop in Nanning, Guilin and other places before ending its journey in Beijing. There're then a number of buses for Nanning -- Zhuhai, from where you could easily cross on foot to Macau.
Aug 17, 2011 11:25
GUESTANTONIO Once it's impossible to go from Macau/Zuhai to Hanoi by train, is it possible to go by train from Canton to Nanning and later to Hanoi?
Thanls in advance
Antonio
gmail.com|ambouc
Aug 17, 2011 20:11
  • BL2022
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUESTANTONIO

Once it's impossible to go from Macau/Zuhai to Hanoi by train, is it possible to go by train from Canton to Nanning and later to Hanoi?
Thanls in advance
Antonio
gmail.com|ambouc

You can take a train from Guangzhou (Canton) to Nanjing at present time. Not clear about the Hanoi travel.
Post a Reply to: Macau to Hanoi (and maybe Guangzhou)
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code