Menu
Same-sax marriage
Aug 31, 2007 04:20
  • EVENING
An Lowa district declaimed on this Tuesday that same-sax lovers can marry. This is a kind of equal treatment they said. The court struck down a state law declaring valid marriages are only between a man and woman.

In my opinion, gays and lesbians have the same right to get married and have a family. Only marriage can provide the responsiblities they want.

How do you think? Support or not?

Aug 31, 2007 12:35
  • GRIZ326
If two men or two women want to live together as mates, that is their business. However, I do not like the homosexual world trying to commandeer and confuse traditional, clearly understood family relationships.
Aug 31, 2007 17:59
  • CHYNAGYRL
I am not sure what to think about this. My common sense tells me that a gay marriage should not be considered the same as a heterosexual marriage. They should have some kind of rights (ie tax breaks, benefits...) and a civil union, but not the same type of marriage... In any case, they should not dictate to the majority how to behave. These days, a lot of gay parents are dictating to their social groups how to be sensitive to them. They have to remember that hetero couples are the ones who can procreate naturally and are more complete units than they are.
Sep 1, 2007 00:44
  • LIONPOWER
Generation of human community will stop if we support same sex marriage.
Sep 1, 2007 01:13
  • JIMMYB
Lion, you say what I was going to say. It is hard for me to understand their relationship. What makes them stay together and be a couple?
Sep 1, 2007 06:18
  • DODGER
I agree with Griz on this. If these people want to live together thats OK but just do not call it a Marrage as it can never be one in the true sence of the word.
As to tax breaks and sharing superanuation benifits etc and pensions that is another matter. But I do get the feeling that they are, for whatever reason trying to undermine the cornerstone and fabric of our collective countries.
They are also starting to have children by various means..what chance do they have of growing up understading just who is Mummy and who is Daddy. Surely it is difficult for children as it is without futher hurdles for them to overcome.
Sorry if I sound to much on this but I wish people would leave the family unit alone..enough is enough.
Dodger
Sep 1, 2007 22:59
  • MELODYCHOW
Everyone has his right to love and be loved, no matter whoever (male or female), sexual difference is just a carrier of this great emotion - love. So we should respect any of their choices, including the gender of their lovers. nobody wants to deviate from the mainstream of social custom. That's not a thing can be self-controled by them, they need understanding, care and respect. What we heterosexual can do is to give them our best wishes - Hope everybody will be happy in his love life. :)
Sep 3, 2007 03:30
  • LOVEFLY
it is interesting topic.i think all people have their right to choose thir lover .gender is not a problem,for example, in Holand ,the same sex marriage is legal.it's just a concept problem .In psychology,homosexuality is defined normal phenomena in 1995 .so we should respect all people's choice ,we have equal right to love any people .
Sep 3, 2007 06:47
  • DODGER
Lovefly,
I understand what you say....but it is not just a concept problem.
A marrage must be between a man and a woman. Any other bonding by choice is another type of partnership, and I respect their choice as they are now allowed to have one now as all have equal rights to love as you say..just leave the Marrage word out of it. It is not perfect, as I well know but untill we find something better it will do for now.
Dodger.
Sep 3, 2007 20:59
  • MAY001
You respect their choices, but never accept them as normal ones, right?
Sep 7, 2007 10:55
  • GRIZ326
The gay rights movement would have made George Orwell proud with its implementation of Orwellian newspeak. (Orwell wrote the book 1984)

>>>In psychology,homosexuality is defined normal phenomena in 1995

Homosexual behavior is observed in most mammals. Determining exactly what a homosexual trait is; how many homosexual traits a mammal must display; and how often they display these homosexual traits to be classified as a homosexual is where and how "studies" construct lies and rig the numbers. Do you have that information? Without it you cannot evaluate the veracity of the "In psychology" claim.
Page 1 of 4    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Same-sax marriage
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code