Menu
Same-sax marriage
Nov 23, 2007 12:05
  • APAULT
Why should anyone else care if two people of the same sex live together and marry? They are not sick in the sense that JCNile means. IF they are 'sick' it is in the sense of other people who suffer from minority conditions. In most countries these days we accept and support a diversity of conditions. We have separate Olympics for them. It is time to be tolerant. If your religion or principals oppose homosexuality, don't participate, but don't force your morals on others.

In the past, gays married in hetro marriages. Do we want to maintain that to the detriment of the other partner?

It seems that Lionpower hasn't noticed we live in an overpopulated world. Perhaps we should be encouraging one sex marriages to reduce the rape of mother earth.
Nov 23, 2007 13:09
  • JCNILE123
Paul,
Quote,
(Why should anyone else care if two people of the same sex live together and marry? They are not sick in the sense that JCNile means. IF they are 'sick' it is in the sense of other people who suffer from minority conditions. In most countries these days we accept and support a diversity of conditions. We have separate Olympics for them. It is time to be tolerant. If your religion or principals oppose homosexuality, don't participate, but don't force your morals on others.)

I know this is an older thread and maybe you just read the last few statements in it.
However that do not justify a misguide statement to take root as a fair and tolerant idea, in detriment of the truth.

To bring a sense of reality to our writings I will re-type next what I said long time ago on this very one thread, concerning my view and the need of not to be discriminatory against any one, just because of their deviate sexual behavior.

You can read this my writing on reply #15 in answer to Guest 07154.
I wrote,

((WE MUST LET IT BE, THEY HAVE BEEN THERE SINCE THE BEGINNING OF MAN, “in reference to homosexuals”
CANADA IS DOING JUST THAT, “talking about the new law in Canada that allows homosexuals to marry”.
“I stated them and I state now,” I DO NOT AGREE WITH HATE AND DISCRIMINATION AGAINST IT, “meaning homosexuality”, “I do, said them and I said it now”... HOMOSEXUALITY IS A MENTAL DISORDER, OF THE HUMAN RACE.))

Paul, help me to understand it; because as I can read on your replies “present and past”, your lack of tolerance to anything and everything that have a relation to God or with God, rushes you to a frenzy of words, where the very one judgment and tolerance you claim to defend is stepped on.

jcl
Nov 23, 2007 13:27
  • JCNILE123
There are some pictures available to you by the Toronto and San Francisco gay pride; I happily share with you the website please do some Google for me.
Out of respect for this site and all of you.
I do not think it will be acceptable for me to download these pictures on to this site.
You be the judge.

http://images.google.com/images?svnum=10&rlz=1T4GGIT_enUS206US209&sa=
X&oi=spell&resnum=1&ct=result&cd=1&q=
toronto+gay+pride+&spell=1

http://images.google.com/images?svnum=10&rlz=1T4GGIT_enUS206US209&sa=
X&oi=spell&resnum=1&ct=result&cd=1&q=
toronto+gay+pride+&spell=1
Nov 24, 2007 07:22
  • APAULT
JC: I did read the earlier posts in the thread. Yes yo are right, I am intolerant of religion, all religion, I am tired of having narrow minded people thrust their views down the throats of others. I am tired of being told how to live my life by bigoted superstitious individuals. I am tired of wars based on religion. I am tired of being told I do not own my own life. We have that dickh..d running the USA who claims he talks to god and the world was created 4000 years ago. We have other fundamentalists who want to blow up the world because the rest of us don't share their particular beliefs. Can you wonder that some of us dare to challenge such superstitious crap?
Nov 24, 2007 15:17
  • GRIZ326
Paul, Paul, Paul....didn't your mother tell you never to discuss "religion and politics"? ;-)

Over the years I have come to the conclusion that the reason for that "old wisdom" is that some people are religious about religion...and others are religious about politics...and both groups want to tell you how to live your life!

I do not have much tolerance for either type of "religious" fanatic. :-)
Nov 24, 2007 23:47
  • JCNILE123
If my memory does not betray me, I remember. This thread is about same sex marriage,
Not about our intolerance for religion, I ask, what religion have to do with homosexuality?

Be known to all of you, again and one more time, as far as I concern, I am not a religious man.
I do not believe in religion, however, I believe on God, and like me, there are many other people that do not believe that been a member of the gay pride community, or just accept that behavior as normal is necessary to accept and be socially responsible to all.
Again, if what the gay pride parade shows is what we most have to be, then you are welcome to be part of it.
What is so bad about others not joining you?
Is that, a reason to go berserk and all bananas and out of control, without concern or respect for the others?
I can accept such childish behavior from a non-educated individual; such lack of self-control,
and out burst of crazy words, about religion and other not so relevant matters and people, what do I have to do with the guy that runs the USA, are you ok Paul?
Who have said a word about religion in this thread? Only you, the defender of the most suffered and humiliated members of our society and the preacher of good news of tolerance and understanding, what a travesty.
You demand for and to be tolerate by others, turn around, and offer no mercy to the ones you dislike show prejudice.
All of that in the name and for the sake of tolerance.

The more I know about your intolerance, the more I love my dog.
Nov 25, 2007 09:53
  • APAULT
Never discuss religion and politics, Gris? But this is an issue which could have been discussed rationally but the religious leaders chose to make it their own. Fine if they keep their views within their congregations but they don't, they make moral crusades. Rational thinkers have a right to reply too and expose their views for what they are.

So, back to the specific issue: if two people want to do something that doesn't fit in with our personal ideas - be tolerant let them. I know more want to be forced to live their way than I want to be preached at by the religious, but I will defend their right to do so. I seem to remember the US was founded on such principles...originally.

I will make no further comment in this thread - though I will continue to read of course :)
Nov 25, 2007 11:03
  • JCNILE123
Tolerance to all and not just the few is the foundation to understanding and compassion.
Nov 25, 2007 19:33
  • SHESGOTTOBE
Two individuals of the same sex can fall in love. That is a fact. I don't have any problems wth anyone's choice of their mate. It is not my position to tell them who they can or cannot marry. I know I do not want anyone telling me who I can marry or not so why would I do the same to anyone?
Nov 27, 2007 02:56
  • DODGER
I do not agree with everything that Paul has to say on this forum, but on the issue of tolerance I must agree that we should all be more tolerant of how others choose to live their lives. All religions are based on myths and legends and fairy tails. Some have encoded moral stories into them.

My feeling about Gay partnerships is completely ambiguous.
My only concerns on this matter are that they know want to have children and are attempting to hijack the “Marriage” word.
The institution of Marriage is not perfect but until someone shows me a better way I stand unconvinced.
Bigots in all shapes and forms abhor me, from the Left and the Right.
Dodger.
Page 3 of 4    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Same-sax marriage
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code