Menu
<Photo Guessing> August 31st
Aug 31, 2007 10:10
  • CHRISTINE
  • Community Moderator
Dear all,

This is the last photo of our Photo Guessing Competition. The winners will be published after all photos expire. Who will be the luckiest to get the first prize? Be patient! The result will come out very soon. Wish you all good luck!

Thanks for taking part in the Photo Guessing Competition.

Sincerely,
Christine

Aug 31, 2007 10:16
  • CHRISTINE
  • Community Moderator
Hint: It is another renowned monastery in southwest China.
Aug 31, 2007 11:54
  • ELLYSE
Tibet's Drepung Monastery: http://www.travelchinaguide.com/attraction/tibet/lhasa/drepung.htm
Aug 31, 2007 20:04
  • WINDENERGY
I think that ELLYSE is right on this one. However, there are many famous temples in Southwest China. This photo may have been taken at the Samye Monastery, located 30 km west of Tsetang in Tibet. More information about the Samye Monastery is available at >>>www.travelchinaguide.com/attraction/
tibet/shannan/tsetang/samye_monstery.htm

It's a 3-way race to the finish and, at last, we will have to wait for the judge to decide who wins the 2007 Photo-guessing competition.

__WINDENERGY__
Aug 31, 2007 20:50
  • ELLYSE
I thought it was a little biased to have 2 photos related to Tibetan monasteries though. :( Would've been better to have photos to guess that covered the other regions of China more thoroughly as well.
Sep 2, 2007 23:46
  • FAERIEQUEENE
Hi all, I come in late for the last day entry... but after some researches and photo searches, I arrive at the same answer that has been entered and have reasons to believe that answer was right (every Tibetan monastery has such a golden Buddha looking statue, but this Buddha - I’m using this term loosely – is a serene, smiling sleeping beauty) thus I won’t say more but let Christine reveals the answer!
Sep 7, 2007 10:09
  • CHRISTINE
  • Community Moderator
Dear all,

The Photo Guessing of August 31st is finished and the winner is WINDENERGY. Congratulations to him.

By the way, the result of the Photo Guessing Competition will be released next Monday. Good luck to you all.

Sincerely,
Christine
Sep 8, 2007 00:56
  • WINDENERGY
太好了!
Lucky guess, if there ever was one. Thank you for the opportunity to learn more about places in China to explore. If I ever make it out to Tibet, I will be sure to visit the Samye Monastery and offer thanks to this Buddha Goddess!

__WINDENERGY__
Sep 8, 2007 04:48
  • HEIDI
You're great, WINDENERGY. I've seen your photo taken in Kunming on which you hold a paper with 'I won' writtern on. Great...
Feb 18, 2008 20:06
GUESTRICHARD Has this been answered ? Tombs Beijing ?
Post a Reply to: <Photo Guessing> August 31st
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code