Menu
I'm already in China... but!
Aug 31, 2007 10:19
  • HANNAAILIN
Okay, I'm in China now about to start studying at a university and I have a Student (X) Visa. But, I also want to work as a teacher at on English school. Is this possible??
And if so how do I acomplish getting the ocrrest visa to work and go to school??
Any help would be appreciated!
Aug 31, 2007 20:21
  • WINDENERGY
To work in China, legally, you need to obtain a Z-type working Visa. Unfortunately, since you already have a student visa, this probably is not possible.

__WINDENERGY__
Sep 2, 2007 05:10
  • APAULT
I agree. language schools often cannot get Z visas antway...some organise an F visa but many teachers just work on an L visa. If you only do a few hours a week no-one will usually be any th wiser .... but in this forum I cannot suggest you break the law!
Sep 7, 2007 02:38
  • MIRANDAZHAO
Yes, Paul. We can't suggest you breaking the laws.
But, you know the reality is that maybe no one will check your visa at all.
Sep 7, 2007 06:13
  • APAULT
That's the probability, but Hanna could be risking her student visa.
Sep 7, 2007 11:23
  • HANNAAILIN
Yes, I definitely don't want to risk losing my student visa, but not being able to work to get money is hard when i'm on such a strict budget. If I wanted to change my visa after a semester at my school so i would just be working as a teacher would it take a long time or do i even have a chnace of getting a different visa?
Sep 14, 2007 10:13
  • JABAROOTOO
I know of a young canadian who got a student visa so he could stay and work. His first year he studied as well but his language was pretty good (a girlfriend helps) so he just got it because it was easier to obtain but I understand that some Universities are a little more cautious about this now. Otherwise no problems but it is of course not legal. As Paul said if your hours teaching are nominal I wouldn't worry too much. Mnay of us work outside our prescribed 'work or study unit' to earn extra income, make friends or simply have more variety and experience.
Post a Reply to: I'm already in China... but!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code