Menu
Who will win photo-guessing competition???
Sep 1, 2007 18:40
  • WINDENERGY
Well, TCG .com community, I am starting a poll (a.k.a. survey). The final tally for the 2007 TCG Photo Guessing competition won't be decided until September 8th, or 9th. The totals so far are :

Fariequeene: 5 right answers
Windenergy: 4 right answers
Ellyse: 3 right answers

It looks like it's going to come down to the last day (a photo-finish!). August 24-August 31st have not been counted yet. So, I want to give all the members of this community a chance to share their opinion. After all the right answers are tallied, Who do you think will be the winner?

__WINDENERGY__

To start the tally, I think Fariequeene will end up with a slight advantage over Windenergy. Although I gave it my best shot!
Sep 2, 2007 20:04
  • CHRISTINE
  • Community Moderator
Dear WIND,

It seems that you are too impatient to wait for the result of the Photo Guessing Competition. Please be patient. The result will come out very soon.

Thanks for your support and participation. Gook Luck to you, FARIEQUEENE and ELLYSE.

Yours,
Christine
Sep 2, 2007 23:56
  • FAERIEQUEENE
I think the results are close to like this:

Faeriequeene: 6 right answers
Windenergy: 7 right answers
Ellyse: 4 right answers

and... with a question mark on one of the last entries…

Thanks for TCG for the game!
Sep 8, 2007 01:35
  • WINDENERGY
Hello, members,

While this might not be the "hottest" thread ever posted, I will conclude it with some of my comments about the 2007 Photo-Guessing Contest. It appears that this contest has concluded with a tie between FARIEQUEENE and WINDENERGY. Talk about a close contest. WINDENERGY came back from being down 5 to 2 ,on August 20th, to tie the contest on the final day with a correct guess, August 31st. This was accomplished by guessing right on 5 of the last 9 photos.

In conclusion, the contest didn't draw the attention of very many TCG.com members (I am disappointed about this), but did draw my attention more and more everyday. I was lucky on several of my guesses and have only been to 1 of the places displayed in this contest.

It is alright to take a photo of a Buddha inside a temple?

Congrats to FARIEQUEENE for setting the pace and for providing such a dramatic finish! Well done, I thought you had me when you guessed right on August 30th.
Sep 8, 2007 08:42
  • ELLYSE
To answer your question: no, I think it's rather inappropriate. In fact photos are not permitted inside most if not all Tibetan temples.
I've only been to 5 of the places: Xi'an Provincial History Museum, Xinjiang Tian Chi, Sanxingdui Museum, Wuzhen and Wutaishan. Unfortunately I didn't have regular Internet access for most of August. :(
Post a Reply to: Who will win photo-guessing competition???
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code