Menu
Any Expat in Macau who can share their story
Sep 3, 2007 16:04
  • ERIND
Hi everyone! I have been reading through some of the threads here. I am probably moving to Macau in the spring and so far this is the best site I have found as far as a level of involvement and helpfulness all the members have! Does anyone have any recommedations on where to look for a place to live (heard Taipa is nice). I also have a dog that I would like to bring, but luckily mom has offered to adopt if I cant take him :(. Anyone have any experience traveling with pets from the US to China?
Sep 3, 2007 19:57
  • MAY001
You can travel into China with your dog but it should be isolated for a period of time. I'm not sure about the exact time, sorry. But there was once a thread discussing about traveling with pets. You may search for it.
Sep 3, 2007 21:17
  • FAERIEQUEENE
I had given up my plan of bringing my cat to Hongkong. Should note that Macau is a separate 'Autonomous region' from China, it has different entry requirements , and probably pet import.

Here is a url that I found on bringing along pet into Macau:

=> http://home.macau.ctm.net/~liox0001/travel/macau/pet_travel.shtml
Sep 12, 2007 00:20
GUEST68123 Thanks for the link, it was very helpful!
Nov 17, 2007 05:29
GUEST32213 Hello,

I live in Macau, yes Taipa is a good place to live, the whole of Macau is so small that you are never more then 30 minutes away from wherever you want to go.
I brought my dog from Portugal and no quarantine was needed, you just need your dogs health certificates to prove all vacines are up to date.
You should only need this but please call this place: http://www.iacm.gov.mo/default_p.htm
Dec 28, 2007 05:07
GUESTRANDIE querry:
are there any schools or universities where i can study history?
t6hanks and more power.
Mar 10, 2008 00:55
GUESTSU Hi Erind, I have been living in Macau for one month now so feel free to ask any questions. It's a beautiful place and the people are lovely.
Apr 13, 2008 02:12
GUEST88251 I am moving from Shanghai to Macau in July and want to know how to take my cat with me economically. I have been quoted 16000 rmb by a moving company and need to find a cheaper way. Also what is required by the government?
Apr 13, 2008 02:14
GUEST88251 Btw, the first website that was reccommended on this subject didn't work for me, perhaps because I am in China? And the second was only in Chinese and Portuguese. I need to find English information asap.
Apr 13, 2008 07:59
  • APAULT
The link is not because u r in China, it is not valid. (I am in China but the 'back door' failed too).

My solution to the cat issue would be totally unacceptable...leave it behind and get another...you will soon be just as attached to the new one! (OK my Mr Spockness is showing!!)
Jun 18, 2008 09:34
GUEST82790 I'm considering a position in Macau. Can anyone give me an idea of what living costs are like there? Rent, utilities, etc?

Thanks,
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Any Expat in Macau who can share their story
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code