Menu
Translation during Travel
Sep 5, 2007 00:29
  • CROSIS
In Feb 08 my wife, 9 year old and I will be traveeling through Shanghai, Xian and Beijing for 15 days, including a train trip from Xian to Beijing. DOes anyone know of a service where we can hire english speaking people to me us and see us to our hotels in these locations?

As a complete novice and never having travelled before (a fear of flying) this is a big step for me so am trying to minimise the culture shock.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Sep 5, 2007 01:30
  • YVONNE
Crosis, I am not sure whether you want to find somone to be your intepreter on your whole trip to China or just helping you in the hotels. If you want to find some one to be a good guide during your trip in China, you'd better find a qualified tour guide. There are many qualified guides who can speak English fluently in China.

As a green hand, the fear of an alien culture is inevitable, but take it easy. Most Chinese are friendly and tolerant.

Sorry for my unprofessional advice, but I really wish you will have a good trip.
Sep 5, 2007 02:18
  • MIRANDAZHAO
Since you have never traveled before and coming with a child, I think it's better to take a tour package. You may ask the China tour agency to offer you a private tour, which means that there's only your family in the group and accompanyed by your personal tour guide and driver.
Sep 5, 2007 13:50
  • ELLYSE
I'm studying in Shanghai and regularly help travellers around. If you've any queries, drop me a private message.
Sep 7, 2007 05:31
  • DBARTOLOME
you have also for your free time tauyou.com/mobile/t_en.php. You need to access it with your mobile device. It is a very interesting service.
Sep 10, 2007 10:45
GUEST01115 i need a translator to help me with the visit to the factories and suppliers. Do you happend to know any body in Beijing that available for the 15 to 17th of this september.
Sep 14, 2007 04:28
Hi CROSIS,

Maybe someone could help you in Shanghai now.Enjoy your trip!

if you come to Guangzhou,you may contact me,i could be your interpreter and reserve the local hotels for your with discount.

Michael G
cncallingATgmail.com
Sep 14, 2007 16:53
  • GRIZ326
I agree with MIRANDAZHAO that based on your situation, taking a tour might work best for you...but be certain that you have some free time in each place. You will discover that communication with the people is not that difficult. Trust me, if you come with an open mind you'll have a wonderful time.
Sep 18, 2007 00:37
Hello CROSIS,

I’m getting you very well, and also I understood that what’s your planning. Your planning is good...

Enjoy.!!

KRISTOPHER9876,
chaniacrete.co.uk
Post a Reply to: Translation during Travel
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code