Menu
Autumnal Travel
Sep 5, 2007 04:26
  • FAERIEQUEENE
Intend to travel in autumn? What are the best destinations in China to view the autumn colours, nowadays that autumn seems fleeting if not rare ?

A Chinese travel magazine names the following best :

Bashang grassland (壩上白樺林)
Eji’na, Inner Mongolia (額濟納旗胡楊林)
Kanas, north Xinjiang (深秋喀納斯)
Red Valley in Jilin (吉林紅葉)
Along the Yangtse river shore in the Three Gorges area (三峡秋色)

Are there any other autumnal destinations?? Is October the best choice? Which is the best week this year that will see autumn colours to the fullest?

Thanks in advance ^_<
Sep 5, 2007 05:40
  • HHHH
hello
actually i am not sure which place is much worthwile to journey in china.but i think evry place in china is better.if you prefer to travel in china ,i strongly recommed to you silk road travel route. .if you intersting this route please have a look at tip;3w dot silkroute dot cn.
Sep 5, 2007 13:50
  • ELLYSE
Good grief, they missed out the most popular destination?!
Jiuzhaigou in Sichuan! Best time for that is the later half of October.
Best time for Hanas Lake is September.
Sep 5, 2007 23:19
  • KATRINA
Grape Valley in Turpan. It is time to taste the grapes there.
Sep 6, 2007 04:54
  • FAERIEQUEENE
Hi Ellyse, Sichuan is among on top of my wishlist for autumn :) Jiuzhaigou is so popular and beautiful and I think I'm going to pay my pilgrimage only when I'm able to take better photographs! The west and the north are so seducing but the altitude is what's concerning me. Kanasi was also tempting me to return in autumn, especially that i've lost all my photos, but not memories, of my last June trip - to taste the Turpan grape with (thanks Katrina for the suggestion)... but it seems silly to make 2 trips in a year to Xinjiang!

The one time autumn China travel for me was at the Shangri-la, still not autumn to the fullest

Where do you guys and girls travel in the autumn national week??

Sep 6, 2007 14:39
  • ELLYSE
Nice photo. I think my group should be going to Hunan.
Sep 7, 2007 01:09
  • JOHNSONJING
this is a picture from autumn of the way Lijiang to Daocheng.......you shold go to ......
call me on
MSN :126.com|jhslj99

Sep 7, 2007 02:34
  • MIRANDAZHAO
Daocheng, looks nice~~
Sep 7, 2007 03:11
  • FAERIEQUEENE
Of course Daocheng-Yading…

JOHNSONJING, you read my mind, I confess the ‘last Shangri-la’ is exactly where I want to go. ..

Can you tell me whether the treks between the 3 ‘holy’ mountains, from Chongu Si to Pearl Lake, Luorongniuchang ,Milky Lake, Five colours Lake very difficult in those altitudes?? I think horsetrek is now prohibited. Would you share some 'prof' infos of yours with us?
Sep 11, 2007 20:51
GUEST68230 Hi morning lynette !
As a guide I am busy to my works so that is why I apologized late for your question....
firstly there has definitely trails among '3 holy mountain' even from Chong gu si to Pearl Lake but is really hard to trekking in October...cause by the freeze granite stone slope ...and at this moment the conflicts had happened between locals to governments so that could influenced the tourism …..so sorry I should go to be a guide now …that I will give you more infos late….see you…

Sep 12, 2007 21:33
  • FAERIEQUEENE
Hi Johnson, thank you for the infos, though appearing not good news....for Daocheng-Yading. I am hoping that we can still make it in October. What are the conflicts between the locals there and the government?? Are the roads blocked? I heard about that and I thought it was the way to Four Ladies Mountain. Where exactly is the blockage?

Again thanks for your advice, lynette
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Autumnal Travel
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code