Menu
The price of a LIfe
Sep 7, 2007 00:09
  • JABAROOTOO
Earlier this week I witnessed something I have only ever heard about and hoped I would never see.

On a chance glance from my bus window I spotted a small crowd on the footpath of a busy downtown city street. Three men with cameras and telephotos lenses suggested that something newsworthy was taking place.

On the pavement sandwiched between two pieces of fabric lay a small body, one limb and the dark crown of the head confirming it was a baby of less than two months.

An area of several square meters was cordened off beside three road side rubbish bins where I am assuming the body must have been found. It was just after midday.

I cannot help wondering about the childs mother!
How old was she?
Was this her first child?
What were the circumstances of the pregnancy?
Where is the father?
Was the baby ill?
Where is her family?

Life is so tough for so many.
Sep 7, 2007 00:59
  • LEONARDO
Yeah, JABAROOTOO,

Life is hard for countless. For a long time, I have been wondering what the cost of lliving is.

A sentence from Jack London's autobiographical novel ' Martin Eden' impressed me most: " Drifting involves least living, it was living that hurts."

To some extent, life is a sea of bitterness. If you have chosen living, be ready to confront the hardship and pangs of life.

An innocent life was abandoned by merciless parents.
Sep 7, 2007 01:02
I hope I never see such a sight, it's bad enough seeing a dead adult but a child is very sad.
Sep 7, 2007 03:17
  • NEWBBIE
Well such cases doesn't only happen here, similar cases like this happened in my hometown that is in Singapore some years back. Really don't understand how these parents can abandon their child just like that
Sep 7, 2007 04:11
  • FAERIEQUEENE
.. and here most often the cases are the new born babes were abandoned and ... murdered by teenage or young mothers ignorant of pregnancy.
Sep 7, 2007 04:23
  • DODGER
I haver seen many dead bodies in my life and they all started as babies with a Mother loving them and a Farther being very proud of their child.
Every time that I pass a begger on the street I allways give something,as for the fate of birth it could have been me and you.
is there enough love in the World to fix this problem? I think not.
Dodger.
Sep 7, 2007 04:41
  • CHERYL
A good question! Whta's the price of the life? In China, we are staying in the school at the age of six or even younger until 23 years old or even elder, and then we get marriage and begin to work for our houses and children. When our children grow up, we finish the main things we should during the whole life, however, we are old then.
Sep 7, 2007 05:07
  • DODGER
Cheryl,
we are never too late to finish our lives even after having a familly.
We are never too old to begine again and to find another love again.
Life goes on untill they put you in the grave.
Dodger.
Sep 7, 2007 13:18
  • LIONPOWER
Price of life?
No body can pay.
This type of event making by foolish people. They can give it to a childless couple or may sold it. Many people begging for child.
Sep 9, 2007 21:58
  • KEVIN0518
Very sad to hear this news. Perhaps her baby got a serious illness. I know that some parents abandon their baby because of this reason.

Once I heard a piece of news that a college student drowned her baby in the bathroom because she really did not know how to deal with her baby. How coule she do this?
Post a Reply to: The price of a LIfe
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code