Menu
marriage of a chinese woman
Sep 7, 2007 14:33
  • BREEN
Why is it that if you want to marry a chinese woman and are divorced, you have to show proof that you are divorced? After all, they are not asking to see the proof that you were married in the first place. They are simply taking your word for it. So if I never told them I was married in the first place, would they know?
Sep 7, 2007 18:30
  • GRIZ326
It is an interesting question. ...but it is not a question that is reviewed on time and never again; each time you have any dealings with the government, there is the possibility that some one will stumble on that piece of information. It would brand you a liar and for all practical purposes invalidate your life.

While I understand your frustration with jumping through hoops - the potential downside is great if you truly care for the woman and any children you might father.
Sep 7, 2007 18:49
  • BREEN
Hey,
thanks, I totally understand and wouldn't lie,,,just thought it was kind of funny on how they take your word on one part of it but yet want you to prove it on another.
thanks for responding to my question.
Sep 12, 2007 16:39
  • CARLOS
You donĀ“t prove You are divorced. You prove You live as a single. If You prove You are single, does not matter if You have married five times or never. Rational, huh?
Post a Reply to: marriage of a chinese woman
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code