Menu
Still looking for expats in Taiyuan???
Jun 22, 2011 07:56
GUEST01411 Hello everyone
I am a Chinese, but I am going to study overseas soon. I am the undergraduate student of the University of Toronto already. I hope any one of you guys who do not know the city well could contact me and I will help you out of some problems. I am studying in Dalian Maple Leaf International School right now, and this summer I will go back to Taiyuan. You know, because I am english speaker as well though my English isn't that good, I would really like to meet some foreigners in this city. Hopefully, we can be friends.

My cellphone# 15942606884 you could send me e-mail as well, 163.com|qinmuxiaochuan
\
oh, by the way, my name is Nemo (haha...) I will be glad to see you.
Aug 21, 2011 11:12
GUEST36131 Hi everyone, lot of people seem to struggle to find places to go in Taiyuan. I've been staying at the "Shanxi Grand Hotel" (find on Google Earth) and there are quite some pubs and small restaurants in that area.
I'm on the way to Taiyuan again but only for a short time from Aug.22 to Sept.2 and I'll stay in the "International Garden Hotel" this time. This one's really out in the suburbs, but closer to work.
I was wondering if there would be a "hangout" for (english speaking) foreigners.
live.at|sr_karl
Aug 28, 2011 05:47
GUEST71795 Hello Mr./ Mrs.
My name is Chris Loogne Sung, I’m born in Taiyuan, Shanxi province, P.R.C.
I am humorous, generous and always ready to help others. Well, I do have some spare time during weekends; I do hope to do something like interpreting or meeting and making friends right here.
I used to be the interpreter for oil/gas field engineering for two years long, now working for coal mine machinery dedicating in bringing the most advanced mining equipment and high-techs in.
Besides of being as an interpreter, I am also capable of teaching Chinese or English. Is there anyone who needs help right here in my city Taiyuan, I am gladly to offer the hand of mine.
You can contact me by my email 163.com|chris.sung or by QQ 154321246
Thanks for reading.
Best wishes/Chris Sung
Sep 9, 2011 00:46
GUESTJONI That's a mold-bakreer. Great thinking!
Feb 4, 2012 23:33
GUEST41146 I am looking for information on Taiyuan and wondered if you could help since you are living there or lived there recently.

I have been offered a job to teach with Centennial College from Toronto in a new campus at the edge of town in Taiyuan and am having a hard time deciding whether to accept or not as I also have an offer in Shanghai.
I will get paid $10,000 more per year in Taiyuan and will be able to save that much more, but I worry about quality of living. Clearly in Shanghai, the cost of living is much higher and I will not be able to save as much, plus, I will be paid less to begin with. But - great lifestyle there and more ex-pats (I'm single and would love to meet someone)!
I'm presently teaching in Jinhua, Zhejiang Province. Like I will be in Taiyuan, I'm on the edge of town here, which isn't great because the bus runs every half hour and it stops at 6:30pm. Getting a taxi is hard and has to be called so additional fare must be paid.

I hate the cold weather here mostly because my apt. and classroom are as cold as ice due to lack of heat ( I have an air conditioner for heat - albeit very expensive - in living room and bedroom but not in kitchen, hall or bathroom). Is there central heating in Taiyuan? Are classrooms heated?
How cold is the winter? When does it start - end?
How easy is it to save money??
I will be on the edge of town... how expensive are taxis?
Any pros or cons to help me decide would be great!
Thanks for your help!! hotmail.com|nancylitman
Nancy
Feb 9, 2012 06:37
GUEST18533 looking for expats in Taiyuan.

my email :163.com|leticia1990
Jun 15, 2012 01:38
GUEST97998 Are you still in Taiyuan? Any places on the weekends that westerns gather? I am currently stay in Taiyuan and was wondering if you could recommend any western style restaurants or pubs? Do you know any English speaking tour guides if I wanted to do some sight-seeing? - thanks, Mike (USA)
Jul 20, 2012 21:54
GUEST27196 hi call me on 13453405211 my name is nigel.
Sep 13, 2012 00:38
GUEST14978 feel free to send me e-mail, as a local ppl i may have the infos you need
163.com|rabbithatesun
Sep 24, 2012 09:23
GUEST95204 there are any foreigners in taiyuan?my qq 1917352426
Page 5 of 6    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Still looking for expats in Taiyuan???
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code