Menu
Huangshan cliffs?
Sep 9, 2007 05:08
  • PAPAALHAWAII
Does anyone know where this is? I believe it is Huangshan. I have more pictures showing climbing up a cliff to get to this using 1 foot wide wood planks and toe holds cut into the cliff with chains to hold on to for your hands. Could this be?

Sep 9, 2007 13:20
  • ELLYSE
No, it's definitely not Huangshan. It's Huashan in Shaanxi province, east of Xi'an.
Sep 9, 2007 16:09
  • PAPAALHAWAII
Ellyse. Thank you. Is this the same place?

Sep 9, 2007 19:46
  • WINDENERGY
PAPAALHAWAII,

Sinced you are obvioiusly interested in this area (are you a rock climber?) You can find more information about Huashan Mountain in Shaanxi province by going to this TCG.COM URL:

www.travelchinaguide.com/attraction/shaanxi/xian/mt_huashan_2.htm

I've never been to Mount Huashan myself, but am planning to tour Xi' An this coming January.

__WINDENERGY__
Sep 9, 2007 21:22
  • PAPAALHAWAII
Windenergy,
That's the place. No, I am not a rock climber. I am terrified of heights. This place has a macomber attraction for me. I can't imagine girls doing it but I see pictures of them climbing up. In fact, I can't imagine anyone doing it. I hope you enjoy it.
Sep 10, 2007 14:49
  • ELLYSE
Macabre you mean, not macomber?
Yes, those 2 are the same place.
Sep 13, 2007 04:29
  • PAPAALHAWAII
You are exactly right. Again.
Sep 13, 2007 07:27
  • FAERIEQUEENE
excuse me, but I cant help confirming by reflex that the above answer and url are right!!!
Sep 21, 2007 09:33
  • ELLYSE
Still in photo-guessing mode, Faeriequeene? :)
Sep 23, 2007 03:51
  • PAPAALHAWAII
No, no more guesses for now. But I'm surprised I hardly read about Huashan and it's so spectacular. Are there any more places so spectacular but you don't see it in the websites? Huashan is apparently very much visited. Is that mostly by Chinese?

Just for your interest, I thought I'd attach a picture from my recent trip to Yellowstone National Park in Wyoming.

Sep 23, 2007 22:55
  • FAERIEQUEENE
yes ellyse, i was as I spotted you too answering photo guesses like reflex... the whole thing in August made me laugh :), and ss Papaalhawaii authoritatively stopped me hijacking his post... sorry:)

Papahawaii, Huashan is a charming mountain, even you do not climb to the rocky top. Have you ever thought of coming from Wyoming to China for a change?
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Huangshan cliffs?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code