Menu
Visiting Hong-Kong on Single Entry China Traveler Visa
Sep 11, 2007 03:02
  • CARPE02
Hi,

I've been wanting to visit Hong-Kong for a long time, but I'm here in China (Zhuhai) on a single entry travelers visa.

I've heard that I can just go to HK and get a new visa for mainland there. Is there any chance that they won't issue a visa for me to enter mainland again? I have some things going on in Zhuhai and do not want to take a risk.

Thanks in advance,
Carl
Sep 11, 2007 03:25
  • FAERIEQUEENE
I've not heard of any unsuccessful tourist visa, when you have already got one previously. Don't worry!
Sep 11, 2007 14:34
GUEST86636 You shouldn't have a problem getting a Mailand visa in Hong Kong - I would request a multipal visa. You can get those for valid 6 or 12 months. Cost more but worth it.
Sep 14, 2007 13:06
  • BRUNET192
hello,
my name is chris, i also want to go to china via hong kong.
i ve found your post interesting so i want to ask you if there is a train service from hong kong to shanghai. how long it takes and how much it costs? how frequent it is? i am polish now in ireland.
can you also tell me if i have to apply for both visas in ireland here, or i can apply for visa to china in hong kong. how long i will have to wait?
i will appreciate your help.
have a good time in china.

Sep 14, 2007 13:47
  • ASEA26
Hey Chris,

I saw your post in the other thread that Madeline put up and see that your traveling around the same time we are. I have also looked into the Hong Kong to Shanghai train. Here is a link to the info on that train:

http://www.travelchinaguide.com/china-trains/display1.asp?from1=hong+kong&to1=shanghai&Submit32=SUBMIT

It may be difficult to get tickets unless reserved ahead of time as the 1st week of October is the National Holiday week and everyone's traveling, but I believe you can buy tickets ahead of time online at this site:

http://www.kcrc.com/html/eng/

The site is kind of confusing though and I haven't yet figured it out!

I have also seen that many hotels and hostels have China visa services in Hong Kong, and it looks fairly easy to get a China tourist visa in Hong Kong. Although, I am not sure of the wait time(Once again...everything may be more busy, and some offices may be closed due to the national holiday) I'm sure you can email them and ask. The hostel I am staying at in Hong Kong has Visa services. You can try and email them if you'd like. Here is the link:

http://www.dragonhostel.com

I used an expedited visa service here in the States. You might try and google, 'expedited china visa' and find an office near you that offers that service if you want it quickly before you go.

I haven't finalized my itinerary, but Madeline and I are going to hang out in Hong Kong until the 3rd and then she's off to Nanjing, and I was thinking of going to the Guangxi province, but also would like to go to Shanghai and Beijing...I haven't decided yet. We are meeting back up on the 9th in the Yunnan Province, and it looks like there are 3 of us so far. Let us know if you want to meet up in any of these places.

Hope this helps.

Adam
Dec 12, 2009 21:11
GUEST63124 hi am aditya from india..i already have a a resident permit of china but for my mom who is visiting me in china is coming via hongkong with a single entry visa of china...can she return back via hong kong again or does she have to make a special pass or visa for hong kong?
Nov 28, 2011 09:03
GUESTJACQUELINE Hi,
I and my fiance are planning to have vacation in Philippines this coming Chinese New Year. We plan to fly to Philippines via Hongkong Airport. My fiance was able to get a Single entry Hongkong Pass. Now, my dilemma is, if he could still enter Hongkong from Philippines when we come back.

We're both working and living here in Shenzhen and Hongkong airport is the nearest and easiest way to go to Philippines.

We need to know this before we can but plane ticket and process his Philippine visa.

Hope someone could help us on this. Thank you in advance.
Nov 28, 2011 21:45
GUEST3452 GUESTJAC, what are your nationalities?
Post a Reply to: Visiting Hong-Kong on Single Entry China Traveler Visa
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code