Menu
Huangshan in November
Sep 11, 2007 12:48
guest93238 Hi,
I am planning to travel to Huangshan for the festival and to hike during the festival. Is that a good idea? I have never seen a Chinese festival and I want to know if it is worth it. BTW, can I get to Guilin from Huangshan? Any recommended cities or places that I can go while I am traveling from Shanghai to Huanshan by train? Thanks.
Sep 11, 2007 20:05
  • MAY001
Which festival do you mean??

And yes you can get to Guilin from Huangshan. There's a direct train, K155, from Huangshan to Guilin Bei(North Station of Guilin).
Sep 12, 2007 08:24
  • SHOOGAR
The Huangshan International Tourist Festival.
Sep 12, 2007 08:28
  • SHOOGAR
Is it worth going to The Huangshan International Tourist Festival? Will I be able to get a seat on the train and will I be able to get accommodation at the summit or at Tunxi at that time? Thanks.
Sep 14, 2007 22:03
  • LKKNG
I likely will be going to Huangshan too in November. I will have to see what is available (guided tour again) when I get to HK late October. Can anyone tell us which days will this International Tourist Festival be? Thank you.

lkkng.
Sep 16, 2007 19:16
  • PHOENIXBOY33
hello lkkng, huangshan international tour festival will be 4th,Nov to 10th,Nov. another saying of the festival is:anhui culture festival.the main motive of the festival is enhances well-knownness, propagandizes the China traditional culture and initiates the all the people healthy body.in the festival ,mainly actions are folk custom literary arts collective performances,Anhui cooking technique grand prize contest ,village traveling product demonstration ,chinese Huangshan Mountain international village art festival ,chinese Huangshan Mountain international mountaineering festival.I think these actions must be very interesting and attractive,especialy mountaineering festival. if you need,I can be your guide for the whole tour,I am a student,I live very near anhui,I will be there when you come to huangshan and try to help you with all the matters you will meet in china.see you ,best wishes,have a nice time in china,in huangshan.
Sep 17, 2007 11:33
  • SHOOGAR
Hi Phoenixboy33,
Do you know if there's any space available on the train if I travel from Shanghai to Huangshan during the festival time? I do not want to sleep on the floor. heheh.. Do you think I will be able to get accommodation at the summit or at Tunxi during the festival? Is it worth it being in the crowd? Thanks in advance.
Sep 17, 2007 20:52
  • DREAMLIFE
Shoogar, there will be a lot of people on the train because of national day holiday. Why not try to go to Huangshan by plane? You can take MU5561 at Hongqiao Airport or FM9265 at Pudong Airport in Shanghai. If you decide to go to Huangshan, you can reserve the hotel in advance.
Sep 18, 2007 06:32
GUESTDAVED If you go to Huangshan on a holiday be prepared to share it with literally millions of others. Waiting at the bottom for the cable car can be a three hour wait in quiet times. I cannot begin to imagine how long it will be on a festival. Also the top of the mountain will be full, and I mean full of tour guides with their loudspeakers. One behind, one in front an one at each side. If I were you I would go up the mountain in a quiet period. You may get a chance to appreciate the true beauty of the place.
Sep 18, 2007 09:41
  • SHOOGAR
November is considered to be slow season for traveling but not for Huangshan. I don't think I will be flying to Huangshan since I am on a budget. I don't plan to take the cable to the summit either. I was planning to hike. Hopefully there will be no pushing or anything when I hike and do I hope I can take pictures without being interrupted. At this point, I worry about accommodation and be able to get a seat on the train. Thanks everyone for replying.
Sep 18, 2007 12:54
  • PHOENIXBOY33
hello shoogar,sorry for the late answer.for reduce your expending,I think by train is just right.there two times one day by train to huangshan from shanghai railway station.
the first one: N418/419 start from shanghai:22:35 arrival huangshan:10:00 the next morning. all:11h 35m. price: hard place:94 yuan RMB,sleeping berth:169 yuan RMB.

the second one:2182/2183 start from shanghai: 12:40 arrival huangshang:00:47 the next morning all:11h 47m. price: hard place:46yuan RMB ,sleeping berth:99 yuan RMB.

Nov isn't a crowd month in china,but if you want to have a seat or a berth for sleeping,you must buy ticket in shanghai railway station four or five days before.

also the accommodation in the summit need to book about one month ago,so you need to prepare month ago,and also I don't know whether you can book it your country,because in china,lots of hotels provide less online order.I can help you solve all the questions before you come huangshan include ticket from shanghai to huangshan,but I don't know if you need a guide.also I can help you too if you needn't a guide,but I don't know how to give you the ticket and arrange your route.huangshang is so largean has many ways,so hiking is danger without detailed plan,maybe get lost,so choose a right way is necessary.

chinese tourists won't be free during the festival ,so you needn't worry about too much people.need more help or have some questions,contact me with MSN:hotmail.com|phoenixboy33 call me chen.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Huangshan in November
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code