Menu
How far is Zhengzhou from Beijing? Best way to travel?
Sep 12, 2007 22:39
guest11613 I'm to go to Zhengzhou 30 Sep for a dog show. I was told to fly to Beijing and someone would meet me and take me to Zhengzhou. On maps, it looks about 400 miles? I read that buses are not safe. Does anyone know how one would normally travel safely from B to Z?

Appreciate suggestions on weather 1-3 Oct (how warm or not) too! And what is the best to see if I have only one day of sightseeing!

Thank you!

Sep 12, 2007 23:00
  • BILLCAI
Hi,
In my opinion, train is your best option, it takes about 4-5 house from BJ to Zhengzhou.
Bill
Sep 14, 2007 15:10
  • GALLY1
You would be safe on a bus and you can also fly, but I think train would be the easiest option. Trains for Zhengzhou leave from Beijing West Railway Station. The fast train takes 4 or 5 hours but there are lots of other trains, including overnight ones. Bear in mind that you are travelling over the National Holiday Week and all public transport is going to be really busy. Train tickets will go on sale 10 days in advance and you should maybe see if whoever was going to meet you in Beijing can organise a ticket for you.

Zhengzhou is not really a tourist town but it does have good shopping and a nice park in the downtown area. You can do day trips to Shaolin Temple or Longman Caves but again, everything will be crowded at the time you are going because of the holiday.

Have fun!
Sep 15, 2007 19:51
GUEST61246 Thank you very much! That does worry me a little, but I hope they have everything planned and arranged. Do you catch the high speed train at the international airport?

Thanks so much!
Sep 16, 2007 08:18
  • GALLY1
No, as far as I am aware no trains leave from the Airport. There is no train station there. You have the option of a taxi or a shuttle bus. There are two train stations in Beijing and both are in what I would call the central Beijing area.. One is called Beijing Central Railway Station and the other is called Beijing West Railway Station. All trains for Zhengzhou, including the fast trains, leave frrom Beijing West.
Sep 16, 2007 08:53
GUEST61246 Thank you. Do you know the approx cost from the airport to Beijing West? And how long the taxi ride is/would be approx?

You are so helpful!!! Thanks again!
Sep 16, 2007 23:57
  • GALLY1
I have only caught the bus into Beijing and there is not a direct bus to Beijing West. The airport is quite a way out of town but there is a motorway so it doesn't take too long. You can get a taxi easily enough from outside the airport terminal (go direct to a taxi yourself rather than take assistance from a tout). But unless the train ticket has been purchased in advance by the people meeting you, I think you will be unlikely to be able to get a ticket to Zhengzhou if you just turn up at the station. You might be lucky at other times of the year, but you are arriving at the start of National Holiday Week. The whole of China being on holiday does mean mind boggling numbers of people using the public transport systems.
Sep 17, 2007 00:30
GUEST16132 Thanks. I'll try to find out what I can about flights too!

Very kind of you!
Sep 19, 2007 09:13
GUEST16132 It looks like we are traveling by car from Beijing airport to Zhengzhou. Any idea how long that will take?

Not sure if I'm flying back or driving back.

Thank you!
Sep 21, 2007 09:22
  • ELLYSE
Since you're being met by someone, I would assume that they're taking care of all the details for you, I hope?
Post a Reply to: How far is Zhengzhou from Beijing? Best way to travel?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code