Menu
Visa Application with Criminal Background
May 23, 2014 10:13
  • BANKS4322
I have a drug felony from 20 years ago.....I disclosed my record, they didn't find my record and asked me to provide proof, so I did, then they asked me for a personal statement of what happened, I did that too. Then they asked for information from the school and my school sent it. Now it's been 10 days since I have heard from them , and my travel s planned in 3 days.

Any idea of what's taking them so long?

I wish I would have checked NO! I was going to beijing and shanghai for 14 days with my school for a study abroad trip....now all the other students in my exec MBA class have their visa's
My professor submitted the documents all together with the other students at the same time. That was 15 days ago. I've already paid for the airline ticket (non-refundable ). Also i paid $2000 for the class
So I thought I would just go to Hong Kong for pleasure but they still have my passport!

Any suggestions or clues as to what is going on?
May 25, 2014 06:37
GUEST36196 I want to go on a cruise which goes to China in 2015. I received a caution for a one-off shoplifting offence in July 2005. Do I need to declare this when applying for a tourist visa for entry to China?
May 25, 2014 07:28
GUEST44252 I have a deferred prosecution for DV from 2007 and it was dismissed after 1 year of probation. Wife started kicking and punching me, I pushed her back and she called the police. I got arrested for her doing the DV. Oh well, there was never a conviction. I had a terrible attorney.

Would I have to supply this information since I was never convicted? I now live in another state. Can I just get a background check for this state only and not an FBI check for the US? I am looking to get a z visa.
May 27, 2014 02:50
  • KIWI047
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST36196

I want to go on a cruise which goes to China in 2015. I received a caution for a one-off shoplifting offence in July 2005. Do I need to declare this when applying for a tourist visa for entry to China?

I highly doubt this. I think you are able to get a 90 day no visa requirement in china so you should be fine. Besides its a caution, not a conviction. I would advise talking to the embassy to confirm this, but a caution is another word for warning, so you should be fine.
Jul 4, 2014 04:42
GUEST12206 I just started working as a HR in a Chinese organization in my country and there is a possibility they may require me to be on travelling basis or even on a posting term to their Shanghai HQ. When that comes I believe I will need a z-visa, and I've got a criminal record on drug trafficking 7 years ago and I have been straight and clean after that. Just wondering it will affect the application status?
Sep 11, 2014 02:34
  • CHEFKITTEN
The govt might think that they were spies.
Sep 15, 2014 17:29
GUEST55703 Just to let everyone know, I submitted my application checking "no" criminal record (in fact I do have one) and they accepted my application, and I picked up my visa today. They were far more concerned that I had all the necessary paperwork when I submitted it. For a tourist visa, I really don't think they are concerned with checking backgrounds. Anyway, I just wanted to convey my experience. I hope it helps someone else :)
Oct 13, 2014 20:52
Dear All
As far as i know ,in my experienced worked with foreginer about china visa in china,Criminal Background is very important when you apply for china visa,especially apply for work visa in china need it .
The embassay will track your background when apply for it .So no criminal background will be better.
And also just like if you stay in china ,if overstay not more than 10 days ,then publish some money is ok,but is more than 10 days overstay in china while holding china visa stay in china ,then will be leave the bad visa record,then will cause trouble for you to apply for china visa in the future.
Oct 14, 2014 22:28
GUEST24219 Hi.
I got caught driving without insurance in Bethesda, Maryland in 2011. I was in the midst of a divorce. The former spouse did not give the money needed so I could pay the insurance before the deadline. Wouldn't you know it, on the day I took a short trip in the car, a law enforcement officer pulled me over. I panicked and started crying visibly. The officer saw my tears, issued me a citation anyway, took one of my license plates, and let me drive the car home. Then, the court date came around and I didn't show up for the hearing. A warrant for my arrest was later issued. This is 2014. Do I have to clear this up first before I can get a visa to China? Can't I fix it after I am in China? Please let me know. Thanks.
Oct 15, 2014 01:19
GUEST78785 GUEST24219,

I personally think that you shouldn't confess it in your application form. If they don't find it out, you can get your visa successfully. If you confess it in the form, then I am afraid that they won't give you the visa.

By the way, another guy on this forum claimed that Chinese embassy did check every applicant's background. I am not sure if it is true. If you read this post carefully, you will find that many people who hid their crimes finally got their visas. If the embassy did check everyone's background, they shouldn't have gotten their visas.

Anyway, you need to make yur decision on your own.
Page 41 of 47    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Visa Application with Criminal Background
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code