Menu
Shanghai to Xiamen
Apr 1, 2004 16:42
  • CHANG
I'm visiting China (Shanghai & Xiamen) in November. I have a flight that arrives in Shanghai, but I'm having difficulties in finding a cost-effective way to get to Xiamen. How far is Xiamen from Shanghai? Can I rent a car? Is there a website where I can purchase an air ticket to Xiamen? And how much would it cost (USD)?

Thank you so much!
Apr 1, 2004 16:43
  • GLORIA
Hi Chang,

It's 813 kilometers from Shanghai to Xiamen. So far, car renting is not very popular in China. Some can be find in Shanghai. The drive from Shanghai to Xiamen by highway is estimated to take about 10 hours. The easiest way is to take flight. The economy-class airfare of Shanghai/Xiamen is USD103.00 net per person
Apr 12, 2004 22:26
  • YAZOO
Renting a car in China is not really recommended if you're not used to traffic and road conditions in China. Certainly not to drive a distance like from Shanghai to Xiamen, which I think would take more then 10 hours.
Anyway, you'll also need a temporary chinese driving licence which means a lot of paperwork...don't bother with it. Just take an airplane, it's faster, easier, safer and cheaper (compared with the price of the car and the chinese driving licence).
Nov 14, 2012 18:06
GUEST28179 Can we arrange a driver drive from dec 29 to dec 8 from shanghai to xiamen stopping at different place like jinxing, shaoxing, wuyishang, xiamen, tulou and what is the cost.
Post a Reply to: Shanghai to Xiamen
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code