Menu
Chinese Hackers, reflection of China Threat Theory?
Sep 13, 2007 22:27
  • JIMMYB
As the issue of Chinese food safety calmed down for several days, another issue has been reported widely by the media, that is Chinese Hackers. It is reported that Chinese hackers once hacked into Pentagon computers and German's administration offices. On this issue, China issued a report on Sep. 4th to deny that such allegations were groundless and reflects their cold war mindset.

However, the situation has not changed at all. On September 5th, the Guardian reported that Chinese PLA military hackers once attacked the network of at the Britain's Parliament and the Foreign Office. The Guardian cited anonymous government officials.

At present, this issue has become sensitive and aroused a series of associations. Some people suggest that it is the reflection of China military threat. What do you think of it? Why did this news come out after the China's food safety problem? What is the purpose?
Sep 14, 2007 00:38
  • GRIZ326
China has been a source of Internet malware propagation for many years. Part of the problem is bootlegged software which is rampant (as my gal said when she showed me her computer "windows no true"); part of it has to do with a rapidly expanding Internet infrastructure and the lack of trained Internet security professionals. Most reports returned by my company's security product will show China as a source of malicious activity. However, interpreting those reports requires further analysis. Perhaps Chinese hackers are building malicious software, but most of the reports returned by our reporting engine can be discounted as unprotected, infected computers participating in a bot net. Knowing who runs the command and control channel is an entirely different matter. Even though a few specific incidents may be true, the news reports may be overstated or perhaps written by reporters without enough knowledge to fully understand the information.
Sep 14, 2007 04:44
  • JCNILE123
Mr Griz: very intelligent reply. Thank you, I have no further statement.
Sep 18, 2007 03:02
  • DREAMLIFE
Griz, you are right. The internet infrastructure in China has been developping very fast. In 1998, few people knew what the computer was. At present, computer has become very common in families.

Talking about hackers, some of them attack the website just to satisfy their curiosity and show their talents. While others do have other intentions. What the news said can be true or false. When reading it, you should distinguish it not just to believe all the news said.
Mar 22, 2008 04:23
GUEST12829 i am chinese. as i know,medias often distribute wrong information。
Mar 22, 2008 21:58
  • MARRIE
Media is free speech site with truths and lies. During early ’90, IT is fresh major in Chinese uni. although we did learn basic language programming in high school, which was a must learn. The fact it young kids are quicker to learn fast updated computer/IT knowledge with curiosity and spirits of exploration. Speaking of attacking Pentagon and German adim. Office, I think it’s nonsense.

BTW, I am of information and computer illiteracy and hope this forum will develop a board of Q&A on computer related learning tips,
Post a Reply to: Chinese Hackers, reflection of China Threat Theory?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code