Menu
Buying Round Trip Train Tickets in China
Sep 16, 2007 08:13
  • GALLY1
We have never been able to buy return train tickets in the past when travelling in China - we have always had to either queue up and purchase our return as soon as we arrive at the destination, or pay a bit extra and get the travel desk at our hostel or hotel to get the tickets once we have registered. I don't mind paying the bit extra to the travel desk but it still doesn't guarantee a ticket at peak times.

I have now heard rumours that it is possible to buy return tickets yourself before travel is commenced, but no one has come up with any details. Can anyone tell me if or how this can be done?

Thanks for your help
Sep 16, 2007 10:00
  • CARLOS
I have not heard anything like that. Same with bus tickets. Just visited Guilin by bus and had to buy tickets back to Nanning first thing we arrived. I could use that information, too.
Sep 19, 2007 02:59
  • SUSAN205060
Hi,Gally,

FYI:
As for return tickets, we have to say it is up to Godness(lucky or not), so normally we will not put our travel schedule on return tickets unless we can't get the ticket, then we may try to find whether any return tickets. But it is not practical for often use this.

Pls do plan and prepare in advance, this is better choice for trip!!

Enjoy!

Yours sincerely,
Susan Zheng(China Tour Guide)
MSN: hotmail.com|Susan205060
Post a Reply to: Buying Round Trip Train Tickets in China
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code