Menu
trans mongolian information please
Sep 18, 2007 03:43
  • LOOM
My wife and I plan to travel through China in May 08 and use the trans Mongolian railway to see the country side into Russia. Can anyone help with some up to date information on the folllowing. 1) What is the latest prices of the trans mongolian? 2) We want to buy our tickets once we are in the country. Can we do this? 3. Are we able to stop and visit sites along the way for a day or two?

Any help with this would be great.

Regards
Loom
Sep 18, 2007 13:06
  • PHOENIXBOY33
hello Loom,I don't know what do you mean ?you want to buy railway tickets from china to mongolia ,and then to moscow,wants to stay in mogolia for one or two days for a visit during the way?
Sep 19, 2007 01:23
  • LOOM
Good point. We would like to buy tickets from China to Mongolia then on to Moscow. Along the way we would like to stop in some towns or cities for 1 or 2 days to have a look around. From what I can find out it appears to hard to do this. But maybe someone out there knows more than me :) I guess the BIG question we have is can we buy our tickets once we are in each country ?
Sep 19, 2007 08:45
  • PHOENIXBOY33
you can buy tickets any time you like,but not sure to have seats,if you want to buy tickets with seats,you must try to buy 4-5days before.
Sep 20, 2007 01:32
  • LOOM
Thanks for your input. Its good to know that we can buy the tickets when we want. Do you know the cost of say Beijing to Ulan Bator by train? This would give me an idea of the price of the trip through to Moscow I think. Thanks for your help.
Post a Reply to: trans mongolian information please
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code