Menu
Travel China : Where can I travel from Hefei?
Sep 18, 2007 22:56
  • LADYMAGGIC
I am now living and teaching English in Hefei.
There is an airport in Hefei...and I have been trying to find out where I can travel from Hefei..leaving Friday afternoons and maybe returning Sunday night or early Monday Morning.

I am also interested in bus and train travel but have not tried either in China. I became very familiar with both in Korea.

I am also interested in joining in any tours and meeting with other travellers...do give me some suggestions and invites, and I will bring my camera and many smiles...

I am very keen to travel this side of China to the places I have not been before..

http://360.yahoo.com/ladymaggic

Maggi

Sep 18, 2007 23:05
GUEST21131 Suggestion 1:You may travel to Huangshan, which is about 6 hours train ride from Hefei.

Suggestion 2:to Shanghai, 6 to 7 hours train ride.

There are also many other choices like to Suzhou, Nanjing, Hangzhou and s on...
Sep 18, 2007 23:14
  • LADYMAGGIC
Thanks I shall check them out...I was looking at costs of travel too...the flights does not give the costs..this is an issue at times too..especially for a weekend..

Shanghai is interesting me..thanks for that suggestion..
Your reply is appreciated.
Maggi
Sep 19, 2007 00:17
  • BILLCAI
Hi Maggi,
Which city are you living in Hebei? My wife is from Shijiazhuang Hebei, so I think I can give you some advices. You can visit Qinhuangdao, Chengde, Baoding and Shijiazhuang, there are many places interests there.
Bill
Sep 19, 2007 02:06
  • JABAROOTOO
Hi Maggie,
It's a good idea not to choose ANY of the big name attractions in China during the 3 peak holidays. There is a wealth of things to see and do without even going near a big city and then there are the more remote places that are not so popular. You have the advantage of being able to leave before and return later than most other travellers so you can get away to more distant places for discount. Check flight times and prices using the tad at the top of this page.

All the best.
J
Sep 21, 2007 09:29
  • ELLYSE
Bill: Please read carefully. Hefei city is the provincial capital of Anhui province. It's NOT Hebei province.
Post a Reply to: Travel China : Where can I travel from Hefei?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code