1. 109 vote(s)
  2. 12 vote(s)
  3. 36 vote(s)
  4. 13 vote(s)
  5. 1 vote(s)
  6. 1 vote(s)
  7. 1 vote(s)
  8. 3 vote(s)
Note: Guest voter(s) are not displayed here.

first of pay on delivery service is something i found from a english shopping site in china, it means you can order the item, pay nothing, just wait until the delivery person comes to the door, and check the package, satisfied ten you pay...

well, as I said in another post, I found this place www.expatmart.com, an English online shopping mall for expats in china, that allows you to have english interface to Amazon's warehouse(a maybe a few other major online shops), and best of all they got pay on delivery, so you can check the product at your door before you pay. if you didn't like it, just reject the order, and you donot have to pay a cent, I especially like this feature, since I haven't heard of this back in the States.

but still many of my friends are not sure they want to shop online. I was surprised, because after all i thought(well born in the 80s) growing up with the internet, everybody shopped online and it is much easier and hassle free than store fronts. but of course online shopping entail some risk such as credit card info, but this site(started by a team of expats in China, as I was informed), doesnot require any of that, since it is all pay on delivery and stuff. I really admire that they are doing this, and promised to get some expat's feedback for them.

well, just wanted to see what everyone thought about shopping online in general in china when there is pay on delivery...

Sep 20, 2007 09:02
  • APAULT
No supplier would get very rich selling to me on line or anywhere else, I was definitely not 'born to shop'!

However I do see a niche... I live on a 'dry' university campus which is on hill and the apartment is way way up the back. Now if someone could deliver some cartons of beer to my place from time to time, I would definitely be in on this. How soon can you start delivery ?
Sep 20, 2007 13:17
  • GRIZ326
I imagine it would depend on where I was living in China. Were I in a city like Nanning, then why bother? If I lived in a Miao village with internet connectivity ;-) , then maybe.
Sep 30, 2007 10:27
hello i to shop like it was display on ur site "pay on delivery" but my favourite item is electronics, i mean MP4, MP3, Ipod Players phones and lot more.

Idea shoping becauses people are fraudulent in business.

brown.
Apr 27, 2009 04:33
GUEST51234 i'd like to introduce www.yoybuy.com they are a professional buying agent. they can help you buy everything from china ,esp www.taobao.com
and other online store, you pay through paypal, they will do the rest. the international EMS 50%discount
about a week you will receive it
no matter where you live and no matter when you place your order.
i hope this will be change you life and save you money esp under fiancial crisis, also you can profit from it, buy chinese products and sell in your town or ebay.
you only click the mouse and wait receive the package
Apr 27, 2009 22:08
  • SHUBH
In the internet age, global purchasing has become convenient as well as easy, so I don’t see any reason for not purchasing online from China sources. Transaction info at reliable stores is always kept secret and safe. Outsourcing goods from china sometimes reduce the production cost considerably, so why we shouldn’t go for that. To know the latest practices and benefits of outsourcing, one may visit http://pragmaticoutsourcing.com/.
Apr 19, 2011 02:36
GUEST26210 I live in Guangzhou.....I have lived in China for 7 years. I am a female and are a size 40 shoe. It is a pain in the butt because CHINA does not have shoes for me even in Hong Kong they are sold out or don't stock this very common womens size. So YES I would buy shoes and I am sure a lot of other expat women would too, as they have even bigger feet in Europe, 41, 42 etc.
Post a Reply to: Would you shop online in China if there was pay on delivery service
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code