Menu
I am not in the USa, nor am I from the USA, but TCG s/w thinks so!
Sep 20, 2007 10:49
  • APAULT
When TCG lists logged in members it usually says I am in/from the US. This is libelous !!!!! Suggest I am a Martian if you like, but please do suggest I am from the land of liberty, freedom and democracy or even reside there! I have never owned a gun in my life so I cannot possibly have anything to do with the country !!!

Seriously, this has persisted for a long time. I sometimes change my personal profile entry for 'country' from Australia to China or back again accordiong to where I am, but it never makes any difference. Can you get the techies to investigate please? (low priority)
Sep 20, 2007 13:11
  • GRIZ326
I surprised you have not heard, APAULT. Bush annexed Australia just the other day and issued a Presidential order that all Aussies must own and carry a firearm.

;-)

Sep 20, 2007 15:32
  • AL32
I had this problem also a couple days ago; TCG also stating that I'm from the USA and I thought that it was because I was then loggin in away from home.... But I was in Ottawa: the National capital of Canada so... there shouldn't be any confusion about the country on this one.

"Suggest I am a Martian if you like...." funny guy!!! lol

And Griz, Canada was not annexed by Bush... but our dollars just surpassed the US$ for the first time in over 30 years...we will soon buy you out!!! ...about time!!!
hehe ;-P

/ AL

Sep 20, 2007 18:18
  • GRIZ326
hehehe....

True Al...but even went I was getting 1.5:1 ... I thought Calgary was a very expensive place!

...but if the US is going to invade any place...it should be western Canada where you've got lots of oil, gold and diamonds!!!

;-)

Sep 20, 2007 19:48
  • CHRISTINE
  • Community Moderator
Dear all,

Thank you for notifying that problem to us and we'll try to solve it as soon as possible!! Thanks again!!

Christine
Sep 20, 2007 20:13
  • CHYNAGYRL
Hello people, even if you're in Canada, often TCG will show you as logging in from US. I noticed this a long time ago. A lot of Canadian web traffic goes through (or is facilitated) by major servers in the US (ie Virginia) so it records as a visit from the US. It makes logging statistics on visitors to websites more difficult... but I don't think there's anything you can do...
Sep 21, 2007 00:59
  • JABAROOTOO
I think Chynagyrl has hit the nail on the head because I also notice this too. When I was back home for the summer I was correctly logged in from Australia, but I notice other members who are obviously not in the States as being logged in there.

Their servers must be routing thru the US?????
Sep 21, 2007 04:22
  • CHRISTINE
  • Community Moderator
Dear all,

We have already updated our IP data base. If you found this question again, please let us know as soon as possible!

Thank you very much!

Christine
Sep 22, 2007 05:38
  • CARLOS
At this moment I am from U.S. too. Have not noticed it before.
Sep 24, 2007 22:01
  • AL32
Christine,

Thanks for addressing the issue.
Well, tonight I logged in using my laptop and it still showed US and then now that I'm on my destop, it shows CA.
So it seems that there are still some issues.

But in one week, I'll be loggin in from China so...
Sep 27, 2007 09:01
  • APAULT
Sorry Christine but it's still showing m inthe US :(

copied from Community at 2200 hrs
Online users: 110 ( 1 member & 109 guests )
APAULT from US.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: I am not in the USa, nor am I from the USA, but TCG s/w thinks so!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code