Menu
2 weeks travel in Fujian mid-Nov 2007
Sep 21, 2007 10:51
  • NEWKID
Hi everyone,

Planning to embark on a photography trip to Fujian in Nov this year. The dates are more or less fixed as the tickets have been booked to Xiamen.

I am looking for travel buddies (upto 3 people) to make it a total of 4. Planning to rent a vehicle in Xiamen and then drive around to the places I plan to visit. Am pretty flexible as I want to do this entire trip slow and easy. I intend going to Longyan, Wuyishan and Quanzhou. Enroute if there are some interesting places, I don't mind stopping and spending a night there.

I am mainly into landscape photography and I believe, Fujian has plenty of opportunities to experiment with my skills. Only like-minded people (i.e. those interested in photography) should consider joining me as I have no interest in shopping and I usually wake up early to photograph sunrises and sleep early - so no wild drinking sessions and partying for me - especially when I am traveling :-)

I hope this thread will be kept clean with no sleazy comments. If you have nothing constructive to add, you can stay away. Sorry to be so crude, but I am not here to pick up someone. I am here to look for like minded travellers.

Any recommendations on places to visit and hotels to stay in the places I've mentioned is most appreciated. For now, I am doing my research reading Lonely Planet (which contains very little info, in my opinion) and other guidebooks that I've borrowed from the library.

Thanks and have a good day.
Sep 24, 2007 00:31
  • APAULT
You mentioned renting a vehicle. Do you mean with a driver, because assuming you are from overseas you will not be able to rent and drive a vehicle here. Therefore, you might try looking for a professional driver/guide who should also be able to advise on interesting locations, though I think most are tuned in to the mass tourism market rather than your speicalist needs.
Sep 27, 2007 21:02
  • NEWKID
Hi Paul,
Thanks. Yes, I meant renting a vehicle with a driver/guide. And you got it right about advice on interesting locations. When I travelled in north Xinjiang, this is what I did too. But I had a bad experience with the driver, who was more interested in getting me from one place to another than advise on good locations.

Yeah, I most certainly want to stay away from mass tourism areas.

Once again, thanks for your advice.
Sep 28, 2007 23:14
  • BABYHARE
That's not a bad plan, right? I am in Xiamen now. Maybe you can send me an e-mail before you come. If I am don't have a student at that time, I'd like to jion you.
BTW, I like photography trip a lot. I went to Fenghuang in July this year, took hundreds of interesting pictures~

163.com|babyhare

Nancy
Sep 29, 2007 10:02
  • NEWKID
Thanks for the offer Nancy. I will keep you posted.
Post a Reply to: 2 weeks travel in Fujian mid-Nov 2007
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code