Menu
What is the price of a wedding?
Sep 22, 2007 03:12
  • LEOPOLD219
It is a truth universally known in China that its costs a fortune to take a wife. A report says that in Shanghai, a wedding ceremony and a wedding banquet would cost 10,000 RMB. Some say that the bridegroom could get his money back from the "Red Envelopes", the guests who attend the wedding bing with him. Is it the real case? Actually, the pre-wedding expenses are virtually limitless. The "engagement gifts" are costly. The men should buy " Three Golden Articles" for their fiancees: Golden Rings. Necklaces and Earrings. What is the exact cost of a wedding in China? Nobody calculates, but it is costly. No wonder many parents begin to prefer daughters to sons. How about the cost of a wedding in your villages, towns or cities?
Sep 22, 2007 18:30
  • GRIZ326
Is buying 3 golden articles for your fiancee a Chinese tradition or something written in a magazine article?
Sep 22, 2007 21:34
  • MELODYCHOW
Wedding can be realized in many different forms, say, travel, but Chinese always has such a kind of social common practice that wedding ceremony is a must and extremely important in one's life time. So they want to share this big moment with their relatives and friends, thus, costly is worthy, in their opinions.
Sep 24, 2007 00:42
Whatever the cost, it's the brides big day, as long as my Han Jing is happy that is all I care about, lucky for me she wants to keep it low profile to keep costs down, I'm very lucky to have a such a thoughtful lady.
Sep 24, 2007 04:56
  • ICEBERG
Griz, it is a tradition. I learn that the rings for engagement and wedding are different in western countries. Is it true? Someone here can explain it?
Sep 24, 2007 05:13
Generally we buy the engagement ring and the wedding ring.
Sep 24, 2007 10:36
  • GRIZ326
...allow me to "piggyback" on WESTNORWOODGAS' comment...

The engagement ring is the ring with the diamond. The wedding ring is usually a simple gold ring. Women usually wear them together when they go out, but take the engagement ring off when they are working around the house.
Sep 25, 2007 02:53
  • ICEBLUE
Except for the fancy engagement stuff, what else are needed for a pair to enter the church hand in hand?
Nothing. Love is in proportion to the value of the engagement stuff. Anyway, it is worthwhile, since it once only in your life.
Post a Reply to: What is the price of a wedding?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code