Menu
Nanjing bus to Huangshan
Sep 23, 2007 18:33
guest25071 Does anyone know if there are buses that travels from Nanjing to Huangshan? If there is, could you send me the link of the bus schedule? Thanks!
Sep 23, 2007 19:53
  • MAY001
There are direct trains from Nanjing to Tunxi, Huangshan. don't know about buses.
Oct 29, 2007 00:48
GUEST14689 There are two buses daily from Nanjing to Huangshan, 7am and 1:20pm. The bus takes around 6 hours.
Oct 29, 2007 05:15
  • ELLYSE
Nanjing Zhongyangmen long-distance bus station --> Huangshan: departure times 1320 and 1930, journey time 5 hours, 87 RMB
Nanjing East long-distance bus station --> Huangshan: departure time 1340, journey time 4 hours, 86 RMB
Nanjing Zhongyangmen long-distance bus station --> Taiping (north side of Huangshan): departure time 0940, journey time 5 hours, 75 RMB
Nanjing East long-distance bus station --> Taiping (north side of Huangshan): departure time 1340, journey time 4 hours, 79 RMB
Jun 16, 2008 01:42
  • SINGYONG
I will be in Nanjing for a few days for business. I wish to spend the weekend in Huangshan having heard of its beauty. I intend to travel from Nanjing by train around midnight on Friday, and reach Huangshan early morning. Then, leaving Huangshan on Saturday night.
Can anyone advice me how to maximize my exploration within just a day ? or is there a local travel agent that can accommodate this at reasonable price (there are 2-4 of us in the group) ?
thanks.
Jun 17, 2008 12:00
  • ELLYSE
There's no Nanjing -- Huangshan train leaving near midnight. The latest train is train 2521 which leaves Nanjing main train station at 2240 and arrives in Tunxi at 0507 the next morning ie Saturday morning.
Huangshan (Tunxi) is a relatively "low" station on the pecking order of China's railway system. Recommended train for Huangshan -- Nanjing is N420/N417 leaving Tunxi at 2144, arriving in Nanjing main train station at 0517 the next morning.
After you get off the train, catch a bus going to Tangkou for 15 RMB/pax --> this is extremely unmissable. From there, take another minibus to the Yungu (Eastern) or Yuping (Western) cable car. If you're going up by foot, going to Yungu would be better as this route takes less time to go up. Do whatever exploration you want in the summit area, then come down by the other route, reversing what you did earlier to get from the bottom of the cable car station back to Tunxi. Note that the last bus for Tangkou -- Tunxi usually leaves around 1700 or 1800, and it takes about half an hour from the base of the cable cars to get to Tangkou, by bus.
Jul 14, 2008 22:54
GUEST87165 i will also be heading to huangshan from nanjing. whats the best bet on when to arrive in huangshan? since i was planning on getting a hotel at the summit, i'm not sure what time i arrive in order to then hike up and check in. any suggestions?
Jul 15, 2008 06:18
  • ELLYSE
You definitely have to book your summit accommodation in advance, especially if you're going to stay on a Fri/Sat/Sun night.
Have to wire money to guarantee a room, thus you can arrive any time you like... though I presume it would be better to arrive during daylight hours so that you don't get lost looking for the righthotel!
Nov 3, 2008 18:19
GUEST41148 I m planning to do a Nanjing --> Huangshan trip in mid-November. What's the transportation schedule like for this time of the year [reduced schedule or same schedule] and is this the low or high season ? Hoping to spend one day/night in Huangshan before headed out to Shanghai.

Thanks in advance for any information.
Nov 5, 2008 03:43
  • ELLYSE
Nanjing -- Huangshan trains run on the same schedule regardless of season.
Dec 18, 2008 22:38
GUESTBISCOTTI does anyone know if the bus between Nanjing and Huangshan is still existing ?
where can I find the schedule? where does he arrive: Tunxi, Tangkou, HuangShan??
thank you.

Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Nanjing bus to Huangshan
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code