Menu
Farewell to the Women's World Cup!!!
Sep 23, 2007 21:32
  • DREAMLIFE
To those fans of Chinese women's football team, last night was a nightmare. Chinese women's team was defeated by Norway 1 to 0 and was kicked out of the semi-finals. What a pity! During the ninety minutes, Chinese almost dominated the game. However, they were in bad luck. At the 32nd minute, Chinese defender Wang Kun made a big mistake. Norway's forward Isabell Herlovsen seized the oppotunity to score one point. Norway kept this till the end of the game.

After the match, Domanski-Lyfors, the coach of Chinese team said that she did not know whether she still can lead Chinese women's team to compete at the 2008 Olympic Games due to this failure. However, Chinese fans and women footballers hope that she can stay and lead Chinese women's team.

What is your view? Do you hope Domanski stay or not?
Sep 23, 2007 21:36
  • DREAMLIFE
No.1

Domanski felt very sad.

Sep 23, 2007 21:40
  • DREAMLIFE
No.2

Han Duan shedding tears.

Sep 23, 2007 21:42
  • DREAMLIFE
No. 3

Greeting to their fans.

Sep 23, 2007 21:51
I watched the match on TV and was very sorry to see Chinese Team lose the match... they played very well and deserved better. I think the team and coach should continue to work together.

I do not know if you saw the match that followed between Australia and Brazil, but that had some fantastic action... better than many world cup men's games in my opinion. I was wishing for Australia to win, and they worked their hearts out, but some of the Brazillian play was impossible to match, and the game finished 3:2 in Brazil's favour.
Sep 23, 2007 21:54
  • APAULT
Getting to the quarter finals is achievement enough at this stage. So well done to the Chinese women and their coaches.

Unfortunately with low scoring games like football one team can dominate and still lose..BUT... you win the game by putting the ball in the net, not by dominating the game. Congratulations to the Norwegians for taking advantage of the error. And congratulations for achieving this standard of play from such a small population.

Whetehr China won or lost is irrelevant to whether the coach stays. She has advanced the team to this level and may well be capable of taking them further, so for the sake of continuity, she should stay. On the other hand, a new person would bring new ideas which could build on top ofher achivements and take the team further....or undermine her achievements. Keep her is safe, changing her is risky but might provide the pay off. That's what business management is all about! (And sport, including the Olympics is business, big business).
Sep 24, 2007 00:33
Yes well done China, I'm as sad for you as I am for England who also lost.
Sep 24, 2007 06:31
  • JABAROOTOO
Chongqing will very soon be hosting the Australian Women's Soccer Team, I've been told and asked if I'd like to have a meal with them. They will be just one of many other International teams here for two weeks. I'm not sure what the occasion is though, I have to admit. I don't follow the soccer but it would be good to watch Australia play here. Does anyone have more information. Is it the Women's World Cup?
Sep 24, 2007 13:07
  • APAULT
I think you might have missed the boat J (and a good meal)! I guess they are back in Aus by now after losing Sunday night.
Sep 24, 2007 21:02
  • ICEBERG
You win the game by putting the ball in the net, not dominating the game. Paul, I agree with what you said.

Whetehr China won or lost is irrelevant to whether the coach stays. It is correct. However, some officials do not understand this simple truth. When the team lose their games, they think that the coach must make some mistakes. Usually, they will change another coach to lead the team. Chinese men's football team is a good example. The China Football Association has changed many coaches. But it is useless. China still loses many games. On other hand, there is an very important item in the contract between the coach and the CFA. That is: you should set a goal for this team. If you can not realize it, then you will be fired.

Personally, I think it is ridiculous. Both footballers and the coach should bear the consequence. Why not examine themselves, those footballers? Changing coach can not solve the problem.
Post a Reply to: Farewell to the Women's World Cup!!!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code