Menu
Who do you want to marry?
Sep 26, 2007 04:52
  • ICEBERG
If I was really rich, I would marry the poorest lady that has the richest heart. Me, too, though I am not a rich man. But I believe that we both can improve our life by our hands.
Sep 28, 2007 00:03
  • APAULT
So if trust is the issue, maybe we need laws that protect both parties.

(Griz. If being gay is not a choice (as we probably agree is probably true in most cases), then it is genetic or in some other way based on body make-up. Thus, if it is genetic, the location of the study IS important...surely you have noticed that Chinese people are physically different from caucasians - or the other way around if you prefer, and you are probably aware that many Aisans lack an enzyme that breaks down alcohol in the stomach and so quickly go red in the face, and then get drunk quicker than others, and that some races more readily acquire body fat. I don't know if the 10% figure is correct, but it was considered 'a fact' in my uni days, I accept that more recent studies may have changed that).
Oct 1, 2007 22:18
  • GRIZ326
I agree Paul that a percentage of homosexual behavior is genetic. However, evidence of the gene is common to the entire human species, with minor deviations between races; indeed the gene is common to all mammals. Within tolerances it should appear in all populations at consistent levels. Again, the place the sample was taken should be irrelevant - especially since the results are being implied globally.

What is not common across all members of humanity is the political and media influence surrounding homosexuality on the population. A portion of the 10% you mentioned can be attributed to that influence. Do you consider prison sex an indication of homosexuality? Might you consider it hedonistic behavior? Or would it simply be a display of dominance? ...and homosexual behavior among young people today, does that represent genetic homosexuality? Youthful risk taking? Submission to peer pressure created by that political and media influence? And are bisexuals homosexuals or are they heterosexual? And how do you explain the percentage of humanity that exhibits the gene but never displays the behavior?

The make up of humanity is complex. My limited understanding of these complexities comes from writing white papers for the biotechnology department of an American medical company many years ago. They would have identified your comment about differences in the effect of alcohol on different peoples as a red herring - at least without a tremendous amount of substantiating science to support it. ...of course the Irish and the native Americans also have a low tolerance to alcohol, so perhaps that trait is not Chinese-specific - I would speculate that the "alcohol anomaly" you've referred to is more common than the homosexuality gene.

Paul, we might never agree on a single thing...but we sure will have fun debating and drinking beer when I'm teaching in China with you!!! :-)

So if trust is the issue...can any government create a law that provides adequate protection against a betrayal of trust???

I think not....so very wealthy people are so protective of themselves that they cannot find love...even if it is within their grasp.
Oct 4, 2007 03:48
  • LIZXLI
"If I was really rich, I would marry the poorest lady that has the richest heart."

Persoanlly I like this saying.

Actually not every woman is fond of wealth.In some cases,common life brings felicity to a family which in fact not many people know it until they experience.
Oct 4, 2007 10:47
  • JCNILE123
She is the one that if I do not hear her voice at least ones at week, I despair.
she is the one.
Oct 5, 2007 19:05
GUEST76236 I would like to marry LIZXLI.
Oct 7, 2007 23:06
  • ICEBERG
Quote: a percentage of homosexual behavior is genetic. Really? Do you think that each person has this gene, Griz? If that is true, how can we prevent ourself from becoming a gay or lesbian? Sounds terrible!
Oct 9, 2007 00:22
  • DESTRUCKDOZ
Iceberg, It is nearly impossible to prevent if homosexuality is genetic.

Danny
Nov 7, 2007 02:14
  • JOHNNY512
Quote: I just don't understand why film and sports stars and the rich marry!

Why do they get married? Because they are well-matched in social and economic status. If they get married with a penniless boy or girl, people will think that they are mad. Maybe, they really love each other. But many facts shows that such marriages end unhappily. In China, there is a golden saying---'门当户对' which could explain the marriages between the riches perfectly.

Nov 17, 2007 01:09
  • CHERYL
"If I was really rich, I would marry the poorest lady that has the richest heart."
I like this sentence. Although monney is inportant, but life is more inporrant. Living a happy life is better than owning a a golden hill.
Page 2 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Who do you want to marry?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code