Menu
Medical Insurance as a Foreign Expert Resisdent (from Z Vsa)
Jan 11, 2008 02:33
GUEST09220 Paul,
Your college is the one who is legally responsible for insuring you and their other foreign teachers. This means they should pay for it. Group policys are less expensive per head than going individually. If they will not pay for it I suggest you go to another school, not hard to do.
Jan 11, 2008 04:47
  • APAULT
The point of my last post was that it seems to be a government requirement, yet when I made my original post to ask others about insurance, no-one was aware of any requirement. I was not insured previously, nor are any other teachers that I have spoken to. So I am not sure moving to another college would make any difference.

I am now insured and I agreed to share the cost 50/50 with my college. While it might be the responsibility of the employer to pay it, we must always consider the total package. Thus, some contracts provide no airfares, accommodation etc..... in which case the salary must be higher to attract employees. In this case I was not expecting to be insured as it is not the norm in my view, so by going 50/50 I became insured at half price.
Page 2 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Medical Insurance as a Foreign Expert Resisdent (from Z Vsa)
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code