Menu
Do you feel dizzy?
Sep 24, 2007 04:44
  • ICEBERG
While seeing those topsy-turvy houses, do you feel dizzy? According to the news, Daniel Czapiewski, a Polish businessman and philanthropist built several special houses. In the houses, everything is reversal. The furnitures are all hung on the ceiling and the 'floor' you stand on actually is the ceiling. Very interesting, right? It is said that all visitors feel dizzy after walking around the houses for several minutes.

No.1

Sep 24, 2007 04:45
  • ICEBERG
No.2

Sep 24, 2007 04:47
  • ICEBERG
No.3

Sep 24, 2007 22:33
  • AL32
Hi this is interesting!

I'm always puzzled when I see such things and I wonder how they can spend so much effort, time and money doing such weird things.
But I would never criticize them though because it is a good thing to think differently.

Regarding the dizziness, I truly agree; I once visited a similar house. It was not built up side down like this one, but it had every wall, floor and celling built at angles (no right angles). This was at the science and technology museum in Ottawa (capital city of Canada). And very soon after you entered the house, you'd feel like going on you knees since you just don't know where to look and cannot tell if you are standing straight or not. I was told that the scientific explanation of this has to do with you brain that has no longer orientation reference and also that your inner ear, where your balance system [body gyroscopes in some sense] is located gets confused by the brain's messages; hence the dizziness.

Well, my explanation is not too great; ..that was a few years ago and I'm no medical expert...I hope it didn't make you dizzy anyway...
Sep 24, 2007 22:54
  • GRIZ326
hehehehe....

This is as silly as the gravitational vortex spots that are road side amusements. :-)
Sep 25, 2007 12:04
  • COMMLOVE
This is so interesting!!!! What an eye-opener!
Sep 26, 2007 05:53
  • DODGER
Looks a bit like my place at the moment..with school holidays.
Dodger
Sep 28, 2007 06:50
  • APAULT
Could be handy if the area floods...the water will just run off the roofs.!!!
Post a Reply to: Do you feel dizzy?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code