Menu
S.O.S for Visiting Chengdu
Sep 25, 2007 04:39
  • HAPPPYMIKE
Hi,
I am planing my 2nd China Visit,which is on a business schedule
during Oct.24-27,2007.
It would be of my great pleasure to receive any comments on
Weather,Accummodations,Culture,Dinning,...etc,in Chengdu.
Thanks,
Mike
Sep 25, 2007 09:02
  • JABAROOTOO
Chengdu is a very modern user friendly city. In fact I will be there for a day or so during this holiday. Hotels of all budgets are available in the city centre. I like to stay at Sams' Guesthouse a block or so from the square. Weather will be cool but comfortable by the end of the month. Bring a warm coat as the winds and nights could be very cool by then.
Don't miss the Sichuan Opera or at least one of those variety shows on offer in some of the classic Tea houses in the city.
If you have time you could also visit the Panda research Station.
Oct 3, 2007 06:09
  • CHINAMATT
Plenty to do in Chengdu. Check out Qing Yang Gong Taoist temple, Du Fu's thatched cottage museum, and eat plenty of food. If you get a chance, take a day trip out to the giant Buddha in Leshan. I've twice stayed at Wen Jun Lou Hotel (on Qingtai Lu, I think), and it was very friendly and convenient--they also have a service to pick you up at the airport if you book ahead. End of October might be a little cool, but I'm not certain. I was there first week of May and it was hot. Best to check the forecast a day or so before you leave.
Oct 4, 2007 02:21
  • HAPPPYMIKE
Hi,
Thaqnks for your kind e-mail and comments,too.
I will be there during CMEF,2007(Oct.24-27,2007).
What about shopping, walking streets and night life
in Chengdu!?
Furthermore,What is the name of the most popular
beaches in China!Is it any place in China to sunbath
during this time?!
Yours,
Mike
Oct 12, 2007 01:57
  • JABAROOTOO
Chengdu's shopping malls are easy to spot near the Centre of the city. There's also loads of good western restaurants and bars around north KeHua Rd and Renmin North Rd near the Sichuan University.

Best beaches in China are on Hainan around Sanya and the only place that will be really warm apart from Beihai which has one slightly passable beach which is hidden out near the small headland and forest park, but Sanya's are really beautiful. Read my reviews and I still have another on Yalong wan which is probable the best but prefer to stay in Dadonghai where there's more happening at night and go out to Yalongwan each day.
Oct 12, 2007 12:10
  • ELLYSE
Apart from Sanya on Hainan island I think it would be too cold to sunbathe on any beaches in China during that period of time. Did you notice China's latitude?
Chengdu historical weather data on Weather Underground: http://www.wunderground.com/global/stations/56294.html
Oct 14, 2007 01:45
GUEST85240 Hi,
Thanks for your kind reply and informations.
I am very sorry to say that my business schedule is
changed and I lost the chance to Visit China and CMEF,
too.
Anyhow,It was very nice to know you.You may find me
through yahoo.com|happpymike at any time!
Yours,
Mike
Post a Reply to: S.O.S for Visiting Chengdu
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code