Menu
What do you think of cyber marriage?
Sep 26, 2007 23:06
  • JIMMYB
Recently, a special case has aroused people's great concerns. Mrs. Ding accused his husband of committing bigamies because her husband 'married' on the internet and had a 'child'. This lady requires her husband to compensate for her spiritual damage.

This case make people reconsider the cyber marriage. Is it a game or a platform for people to have affairs? At present, the cyber marriage has become very popular and fanshionable. On the internet, you can find your love. And then you can hold wedding ceremony with her/him, giving birth to a baby and maintain your virtual family. Some people have lost themselves in the virtual world and can not return to the real world. How sad it is!

What is your attitude toward cyber marriage? Do you think that her husband committed bigamies? What consequence should the husband face?
Sep 26, 2007 23:20
  • ELLEN77
I know little about the cyber marriage, but I think it is just a internet game, her husband is not guilty.
Sep 27, 2007 17:19
  • DAVEC
What a sad world we live in where people can not differentiate between real life and fantasy. Cyber marriage sounds to me like it is just an online game. If he met up with the online 'wife' and had a real baby then there is obvious cause for concern. Otherwise it seems to just be similar to a game like " the sims".

Not guilty
Sep 27, 2007 18:42
  • JCNILE123
crazy, insane, foolish=loco.
Sep 27, 2007 23:14
  • APAULT
Of course she is upset and the old fellah needs counselling, but the wife needs to remember he could have taken a real mistress/lover or gone to brothels. Maybe her compensation attitude indicates why he felt the need to escape.
Sep 28, 2007 03:10
  • ICEBERG
Cyber marriage is just a online game. Perhaps, some of them just want to find some comfort by playing the game because they can not afford to marry a girl in real life. For those married who are addicted to this game, perhaps they are not satisfied with their real marriage. Thus, they want to have their ideal marriage on the internet.

The man is not guilty. But he has hurt his wife to some extent. I guess his wife will divorce him.
Sep 28, 2007 04:19
  • MIRANDAZHAO
Cyber marriage is somewhat a foolish thing according to my opinion. I will never indulge in those virtual things.
Oct 10, 2007 18:43
  • LIZXLI
Cyber marriage ?I don't trust cyber romance at all,how can I believe in cyber marriage?

I think,at least one the game players must think that the other is so foolish that he/she relies trust on this kind of SO-CALLED romance.unbelievable!
Oct 11, 2007 02:23
  • ICEBERG
Why do some people indulge themselves in the cyber-marriage game? Perhaps, they are not satisfied with their real marriage. On the internet, they can have their ideal marriage. But I do not think it is a good idea. If you are disappointed with your marriage, divorce is the best way.
Oct 11, 2007 07:08
  • DODGER
What I fail to understand is how do you consummate a cyber Marriage?
Do they have an après cigarette after, before they go again?
A silly game played by some, obviously more lonely than me.
Dodger.
Oct 11, 2007 23:11
  • DREAMLIFE
But the wife needs to remember he could have taken a real mistress/lover or gone to brothels.

Paul, you hit the nail on the head. Now that he could have his 'wife' and 'child' on the internet, it is very likely that he has the intention to do it in the real world. His wife should be cautious.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: What do you think of cyber marriage?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code