Menu
Have you dreamt of being a millionaire?
Sep 27, 2007 04:45
  • KATRINA
Hey,

Have you ever dreamt to become a millionaire? Suppose your dreams can come true, what will you plan to do?

I still remeber the first sentence of the novel Pride and Prejudice written by Jane Austin: It is universally acknowledged that a man of great fortune must possess a wife. Will you do this?Certainly, if you are a lady, you must have a husband, LOL.

I have heard a very interesting story: a poor bachelor told his friends: if I became a millionaire, I will buy two bowls of delicious noodles, I will eat one, and dump the other just to show how rich and extravagant I am. This funny idea is commonly seen in many Chinese parvenus.

What will you do in the event of wannabe-millionaire dream coming true?
Sep 27, 2007 08:15
I very often dream about being a millionaire, I often do the National Lottery without winning very much, about 4,000 yuen is about the most I have won, as we say in the UK " it's better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick "
It would be nice to not to have the worry of when I can pay off my debts, but as I'm working class through and through I can only dream.
Sep 28, 2007 04:33
  • MIRANDAZHAO
A millionaire is actually not very rich. See the sky-high house price nowaday!!
Sep 28, 2007 14:18
  • CARLOS
Every day my alarm clock SHOUTS me awake I dream to be a millionaire.
Maybe I would still work if I were, but then I would not have to work. Maybe would be nicer to work then.

Oh, million Yuan, dollars or euros, eh?

Sep 28, 2007 22:52
  • GRIZ326
hehehehe...one million...ten million...one hundred million...what difference does it make if you cannot find happiness within yourself?
Oct 2, 2007 16:52
  • DAVEC
I often dream of winning a million. First I would give some to family and friends so they can be happy and then I would get on the next available flight to China to be with my girlfriend who I would then ask to marry me.
Oct 3, 2007 01:11
I would do it slightly different Dave, I would get my flight booked first and then look after the family and friends, Depending on how much I was to win, I would then look at buying a house so that I would have somewhere nice to begin married life with my Han Jing.
Oct 4, 2007 04:45
  • ICEBERG
Money is the root of evil. However, we still need it to keep our lives rolling on. Happiness is the most important. Without happiness, money is nothing.
Oct 4, 2007 10:56
  • JCNILE123
dream to be rich as to have a night dream, no!
whoever, I work today very hard to have a better life tomorrow.
Oct 4, 2007 13:18
  • JCNILE123
Ups;

I intended to say however,
Oct 5, 2007 18:49
  • DESTRUCKDOZ
I agree with Griz and Miranda. The rising costs of home ownerships these days render being a millionaire the same as the average man, especially if you live in Silicon Valley, California. And all the money in the world would not matter if your not happy with yourself.

But to answer the question: I would take that million dollars, open up a certificate of deposit at a credit union and enjoy the interest payments. At 8 percent at a credit union its 80,000US even after taxes because you don't get taxed at credit unions.

That is some scrilla because you don't get that kind of pay until your an intermediate Electric Engineer. So you could either work or don't work, personally I would live in Guangzhou for a year then go back to work.

Danny
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Have you dreamt of being a millionaire?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code