Menu
Huangshan In December
Sep 28, 2007 19:06
  • IMPYPAO
Hi! Am planning a vacation with the family (husband and 3 sons) to Shanghai, Huangshan and Hangzhou this December. Read somewhere that there is bus from Shanghai South Bus Station going to Huangshan? How long is that trip and how much? Anyone got the bus schedule? Is the trip shorter than the overnight train? Thanks.
Sep 29, 2007 00:24
  • ELLYSE
Buses only go to Huangshan city aka Tunxi, where you'll have to change to another bus going to Tangkou or Taiping in order to go up Huangshan mountain itself. Tangkou is more popular, but I personally like Taiping much more.
Buses leave for Tunxi at 0835 and 1515 daily, 96 RMB/pax. Trip is about 5-6 hours, about half the time taken by the overnight train. However I still prefer overnight train as it saves time on travelling.
I study in Shanghai and have been to Huangshan twice and Hangzhou countless times. Drop me an email at yahoo.com|ellyse99 if you want to chat -- please put "TravelChinaGuide" and your own username (eg Impypao) in the subject line so that I know who you are, thanks.
Sep 29, 2007 03:13
  • SUSAN205060
We suggest overnight train to Huangshan which is more better and convenient.

Yours sincerely,
Susan Zheng(China Tour Guide)
MSN: hotmail.com|Susan205060
Sep 29, 2007 18:58
  • IMPYPAO
Thanks. Seems to be that is the most popular choice. Maybe we'll take the train instead. Thanks. Amyone can suggest cheap good hotels in Tunxi and on top of Mt. Huangshan? Do we need to make prior bookins?
Oct 8, 2007 04:19
  • LAZYSNAIL
top of the mountain will not cheap...how many days are you planning to spend in HuangShan? if only 2 or 3 days then I'd suggest you to go with a tour from Shanghai. I did that last time and it was quite cheap...and we saw quite a few attractions on the way. Did everything you would do on the mountain. No hassle whatsoever. for a short stay i think the logistic hassle is not worth it, especially if you have young kids travelling with you.
Oct 12, 2007 12:45
  • ELLYSE
Did everything you would do on the mountain? I'm VERY sure that no tour group would take you to the West Sea Canyon which IMHO is the best part of Huangshan. "Everything you could do" is based on imperfect knowledge, I'm certain.
"Cheap" isn't all that you think about when you travel, please. There's no such thing as a free lunch.
Oct 15, 2007 07:35
GUESTCHRIS Please advise the best way to travel from Hangzhou to Huangshan -train or bus ?Would you know the time table
Oct 16, 2007 11:06
  • ELLYSE
Hangzhou -- Huangshan best done by bus. Buses leave from Hangzhou west long-distance bus station.
Oct 18, 2007 23:29
GUEST90236 I am planning to go the huangshan by private car during the christmas period. Which is the best hotel with good facilities up on the mountain? Where can I get the permit to visit Hongchun? Thanks
Oct 19, 2007 02:47
GUEST90236 I would like to plan 2 days in Tunxi then go to Huangshan. I am wondering how to get my luggge up to the hotel at huangshan mountains. Do the hotels there have heating and hot water for shower?
Oct 19, 2007 06:35
  • IMPYPAO
Guess we'll be going there in about the same season. tell me if you've booked any good hotels up in the mountain. I think you'll just have to bring along a small backpack with you coz its hard to lug around a big luggage on your climb up the mountain. That's what we plan to do--leave most of our big luggages at the hotel in Tunxi and bring just a day or two supplies up. Then spend another night at Tunxi when we get down the mountain.
Page 1 of 4    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Huangshan In December
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code