Menu
Help with basic China travel 101
Sep 30, 2007 23:14
  • DESTRUCKDOZ
Arie,

What do you mean by "getting in and out". I didn't need to take any shots before leaving or need to bring any medical paperwork. All I had to show the officials were my passport and declaration form they give you on the plane stating what you are carrying with you and what you plan on leaving in the country and what is forbidden like certain radio gear.

Oh, if you mean entering and leaving the country, I personally had no problems getting in and out. My cousins on the other hand had some trouble getting out because of all the searches they needed to do. I am not sure if they can sense it but I believe it was these banana's that we unknowingly left in the duffel bag. We bought a lot of fruit whenever we left the village so that we could eat light so that we wouldn't be weighed down by the food during our exploration. Interestingly though, they did not find anything.

When I arrived in SFO customs did confiscate my beef jerky that I had brought over there from the US just in case food was scarce in the village (ha ha). but other than my beef jerky being taken away I had no problems.

Arie, can I ask you a question through PM?
Oct 1, 2007 00:17
  • DESTRUCKDOZ
Visa, I totally forgot about that one because they place the visa sticker inside your passport. Its like a $100+ depending on what type. Its a little more if you go through like a travel agent.

Just as a side note because you mention finding a deal on airfare. My cousin bought her tickets along with the rest of my group through the company she works for travel agent. They do a lot of buisness like buying buisness class tickets and the such. So through that she got a good deal which was $858 flying on northwest about 3 months before departing. I bought my tickets two weeks prior to departure, I paid $901 on travelocity so I am not sure how good of a deal you can find but I am just throwing it out there because we looked around as well and they did differ much, unless you got some sweet connections.

Danny
Page 2 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Help with basic China travel 101
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code