Menu
Air fare to China during Christmas/New Year???
Sep 30, 2007 02:10
  • GRIZ326
I was just checking air fares...

Travel between the US and China between 12/24 and 01/02 it easily three times as costly as travel during the spring festival.

Have I accessed the wrong travel sites? Or is this normal?

Sep 30, 2007 08:04
  • SUSAN205060
Hi,Griz,

Pls clarify what help you really need.

Yours sincerely,
Susan Zheng(China Tour Guide)
MSN: hotmail.com|Susan205060
Sep 30, 2007 12:53
  • GRIZ326
I am looking for a flight from Vancouver or Seattle to Hong Kong or Beijing on those dates. So far I have not found affordable air fares.
Oct 8, 2007 04:15
  • LAZYSNAIL
I wouldnt think 3 times is normal... but it is the difference between high season and low season....christmas is certainly the peak...you should just grab tickets if they are available...that is when the entire US go on holiday...whereas by the time of the chinese spring festival all the americans are back to work....no competition for tickets.
Oct 8, 2007 11:20
  • JABAROOTOO
Why not try one of your local agents. Sometimes the Internet is not so easy to find good deals and even if you do you can then approach your regular agent to see if they can get the same deal for you. This was my experience this past holiday and the deal I got is available on a regular basis by the look of it.

Try Guangzhou instead of HK too
Oct 8, 2007 15:38
  • GRIZ326
I have given up on coming over Christmas. The airfares were just too expensive. I think LAZYSNAIL was correct about competition for tickets.
Oct 8, 2007 21:52
  • REDROSES
Airfare goes up after Dec. 10 -- that's what my agent told me. I'm leaving on Dec. 3 from US. Also, agents can get better deals from airlines than individuals since they have contracts with them. You can try checking the airlines that fly to Asia on the web. Sometimes you can get a bargain.
Post a Reply to: Air fare to China during Christmas/New Year???
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code